[GuidedPathways] Guided Pathways Survey from the Washington Institute for Public Policy

Monica Wilson mwilson at sbctc.edu
Wed Dec 21 11:03:48 PST 2022

Greetings,

I am reaching out to alert you to a survey regarding Guided Pathways implementation at your college, sent from Dr. Chasya Hoagland at the Washington Institute for Public Policy (WSIPP).  The survey is attached. WSIPP is a nonpartisan public research group that conducts applied policy research for the state legislature who has been selected to evaluate the Guided Pathways model.  They were directed to complete a preliminary report, due December 2023, that evaluates the effect of Guided Pathways on early student outcomes and reviews the implementation of the model in Washington.  The final report is due to the legislature in December of 2029.

This survey provides WSIPP with qualitative data to compliment the quantitative data provided  by SBCTC through a data sharing agreement. You are encouraged to work collaboratively with individuals on your campus to answer the questions, you are also welcome to pull from previous work plans, reports, and scale of adoptions.  Please let me know if you need access to any of the reports you have submitted to SBCTC to aid in your work.

I have pasted additional information from Dr. Hoagland, including her contact information, below.  Please feel free to reach out to her or me with any questions.

This survey is being sent to all Washington Community and Technical Colleges to fulfill this legislative assignment.

We are sending this survey to all executive Guided Pathways leads, but we request that you fill out this survey in consultation with other faculty and staff involved in the Guided Pathways at your institution. We hope that the survey will capture the full experience of Guided Pathways at the college. This will help us to best review the implementation of Guided Pathways in our state.  We are asking colleges to respond to these questions based on implementation at their specific institution. We are not asking them to speak to their impression of the Guided Pathways across the state.

We appreciate that Washington CTCs have been previously surveyed multiple times regarding their implementation of the Guided Pathways model. Considering this, we narrowed the scope of this survey to focus primarily on the timing of implementation of new interventions related to Guided Pathways. Knowing the exact timing of interventions helps us to better understand when we would expect to see changes in student outcomes and for whom we would expect to see changes. The information provided in this survey will be combined with other qualitative information shared by SBCTC to get a complete picture of implementation in Washington.

We also want colleges to know that the data provided will be used to evaluate the Guided Pathways model. We will not be evaluating how successful specific colleges were at implementing their Guided Pathway objectives. We will anonymize the experiences of specific colleges in our discussion of the effect of Guided Pathways on student outcomes and the implementation of the model in Washington. Colleges that respond to this survey will be given the opportunity to review and comment on this report before it is submitted to the legislature.

Please submit this survey by February 24, 2023

If you have any questions, comments, or concerns please contact

Chasya Hoagland - Chasya.hoagland at wsipp.wa.gov<mailto:Chasya.hoagland at wsipp.wa.gov>

[Compass]Monica Wilson (she|her|hers)<https://medium.com/gender-inclusivit/why-i-put-pronouns-on-my-email-signature-and-linkedin-profile-and-you-should-too-d3dc942c8743>
Director, Student Success Center & Strategic Initiatives
Cell: 503-307-1555 | e: mwilson at sbctc.edu<mailto:mwilson at sbctc.edu> | website: www.sbctc.edu<http://www.sbctc.edu/>

COVID REMOTE LEARNING RESOURCES - AVAILABLE HERE<https://www.sbctc.edu/colleges-staff/programs-services/student-success-center/remote-learning-resources.aspx>

                                                                                           SBCTC Vision
                         "Leading with racial equity, our colleges maximize student potential and transform lives
                          within a culture of belonging that advances racial, social, and economic justice
                         in service to our diverse communities."