[GuidedPathways] Register: Community of Practice for Guided Pathways Starts on Monday, December 5th-December 9th

Claudine Richardson crichardson at sbctc.edu
Fri Dec 2 16:12:35 PST 2022

Dear Guided Pathways Family,

Hello, and Happy Weekend. My name is Dr. Claudine Richardson (crichardson at sbctc.edu), and I serve as the Policy Associate for Guided Pathways. Next week we start our Community of Practice for Guided Pathways by College Cluster. Our focus for this gathering will be learning ways the Career Component is critical for the essential practices. Register at https://eventactions.com/eareg.aspx?ea=Rsvp&invite=0svctxtxh76erjk5nmge01kbbrcpk2798p8xmt6xa85fs0arshyt.

Time and Agenda Topic:

1:00-1:05 PM Welcome and Opening

1:05-1:25 PM Facilitation

1:25-1:35 PM Group Questions and Answers

1:35-1:50 PM Small Group Discussions

1:50-2:00 PM Share Out from Small Group Discussions

2:00-2:15 PM Closing and Check-in Opportunity

What is a Community of Practice? A community of practice [CoP] is a cohesive informal community that embodies a "culture of learning in which everyone is involved in a collective effort of understanding" (Rogers, 2000). In the [CoP for Guided Pathways], we intend for shared responsibility for moving through the collaborative learning process among all members: the group is convened through shared participation, and each member uses their knowledge, skills, and abilities to contribute with and among each other.

How Long will the meeting be? This upcoming meeting is 1 hour and 15 minutes. However, the length of future gatherings for next quarter can be decided together.

What is my College Cluster, and which session should I attend? Great question. The link provided will help you learn when your college cluster meets. College cluster (Monday - District, Tuesday - Mid-Sized, Wednesday - Rural, Thursday - Technical,  Friday - Urban/Suburban)<https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1D8IjLC4w-kdBnyLtRTas6kLEZzlTI_fULiv3g2ErBs8/edit?usp=sharing>. Schools in College Cluster link: https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1D8IjLC4w-kdBnyLtRTas6kLEZzlTI_fULiv3g2ErBs8/edit?usp=sharing

When are the subsequent gatherings? At this time, gatherings are quarterly - unless the interest is expressed in building together more often and some volunteers to help support the conversation.
- December 5th - December 9th, from 1:00 to 2:15 PM - Career Component
- March 6th - March 10th, from 1:00 to 2:15 PM - Gateway/Gatekeeper Courses
- May 8th - 12th, from 1:00 to 2:15 PM - TBD (CoP for GP Community will decide)

The value of your personal time is priceless, and please feel obliged not to reply to this email outside of your working hours.

Respectfully and Humbly,

Claudine Richardson, Ph.D., M.S., M.P.A.
Pronouns: they |them |theirs
Policy Associate | Student Success Center and Strategic Initiatives
Equity and Accountability Professional Development in Guided Pathways
PO Box 42495 | 1300 Quince Street SE | Olympia | WA | 98504
crichardson at sbctc.edu<mailto:crichardson at sbctc.edu> | c. 509.230.3690
sbctc.edu * Twitter: @SBCTCWashington * Facebook: @WASBCTC

2023 Winter Guided Pathways Cohort 1 and 2 Retreat on January 26th and 27th: https://bit.ly/23WGPC12R.

2022 Fall Guided Pathways Student Success Institute on Wednesday, November 9th: https://bit.ly/22FGPSSI.

2022 Student Success Colloquium Agenda "An Ethic of Care: Beyond Empowerment for Our Students, Faculty, and Staff": https://bit.ly/3LF3y5x.
The Strategic Initiatives and Student Success Center Team is working remotely. We are always enthused to support and be of assistance.

SBCTC Vision: "Leading with racial equity, our colleges maximize student potential and transform lives within a culture of belonging that advances racial, social, and economic justice in service to our diverse communities."