[GuidedPathways] REGISTER: (Virtual) 2022 Fall Guided Pathways Student Success Institute on Wednesday, November 9, 2022

Claudine Richardson crichardson at sbctc.edu
Mon Sep 26 10:40:13 PDT 2022

Dear Guided Pathways Family,

Morning! Wishing you much heart as we begin a new week of hope and possibilities.

Remember to register for the 2022 Fall Guided Pathways Student Success Institute, as we welcome the 34 Community and Technical Colleges (you) on Wednesday, November 9, 2022.

Registration Link: https://eventactions.com/eareg.aspx?ea=Rsvp&invite=gz8j7uth33xzyf2bmwxhzycdvxcajkrk7u11er2c6khpu2gs17e3

2022 Fall Guided Pathways Student Success Institute Agenda: https://bit.ly/22FGPSSI

You may notice a change of date for the Student Success Institute that was first publicized on July 2021. We did indeed change the date, upon request from the Community and Technical Colleges, from Wednesday, November 2nd to Wednesday, November 9th in recognition of system needs. We hope that the change in dates supports those college members attending the 2022 Northwest Commission for Colleges and Universities (NWCCU) (https://nwccu.org/programs_and_events/annual-conference/) meeting in Seattle, Washington, on November 2nd to 4th and for greater attendance at the virtual 2022 Fall Guided Pathways Student Success Institute on Wednesday, November 9, 2022.

Below, please find details of the virtual 2022 Fall Guided Pathways Student Success Institute on Wednesday, November 9, 2022.

Guided Pathways Student Success Institute

Condensed Agenda

Retreat Date: Wednesday, November 9, 2022

Location: Zoom (Virtual)

Registered participants will also receive a calendar invite with the main Zoom link on Tuesday, October 25th.

Short URL for the Agenda: https://bit.ly/22FGPSSI

Registration for all CTC members closes on Thursday, October 20, 2022

College Contact:

  *   Vice President of Learning/Instruction coordinates selection and registration of the college team at the respective institution.

SBCTC Lead: Claudine Richardson (crichardson at sbctc.edu<mailto:crichardson at sbctc.edu>)

Speakers: TBD

Suggested Team Composition:

  *   Instruction & Student Services Leadership, Institutional Research Representative, Chairs, Deans, Multicultural Director, Diversity and Equity Officer, faculty, student services directors, E-learning members, Library Leadership Council, Career and Employment Services Council team members, and staff from your college. Teams of 10-12 per college.
  *   Please consider inviting BIPOC members, staff, and faculty who could possibly serve in supporting team members at your institution in learning more about diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging processes and outcomes for the area they represent. We all have roles in supporting each other.
  *   We know how extremely busy you are at this time. Please consider a pre-institute conversation to support ways your respective college would like to be represented at each concurrent session.

Introduction:

  *   Welcome to the 2022 Fall Guided Pathways Student Success Institute. After continued learning from the 2022 Guided Pathways Workplans, we noted a strong interest across all 34 colleges to learn and engage more with each other to help continue Guided Pathways work on their respective campuses. In said spirit, there were key priority areas outlined by you, our Community and Technical College Family. As such, the 2022 Fall Guided Pathways professional development will be led by your peers from Cohorts 1 and 2 for the following Guided Pathways priority areas: pathway design meta-major, intake, structured exploratory experiences, progress monitoring, and scheduling.
  *   Each of these priority areas will have the WA SBCTC Strategic Initiatives and Student Success Center focus on communication, data, ctcLink, monitoring, and/or intervention with an equity synergy.

Learning Outcomes:

  *   Engage Cohorts 1, 2, and 3 with conversations and facilitations on Guided Pathway top priority areas (pathway design meta-major, intake, structured exploratory experiences, progress monitoring, and scheduling) identified in workplan to be able to employ 1 or 2 ideas on their campus.

Location/Room: A zoom link will be sent before the event and through the Canvas shell for participants.

Closed Captioning:

  *   SBCTC is committed to providing equal access for individuals with disabilities to its programs and events in accordance with the ADA and 504 of the Rehabilitation Act.
  *   Live transcription will be available in main Zoom sessions.
  *   We will have ASL Interpreters present for all sessions. Please let us know if you require an ASL Interpreter during the breakout room activity.
  *   Please email amontenegro at sbctc.edu<mailto:amontenegro at sbctc.edu> around October 19, 2022, so we might provide the best possible opportunity to support collective and individual learning.

Pre-attendance Request:

  *   Before the arrival of the institute, please modify Zoom name to show [College | Name | Pronouns]. How to rename yourself in Zoom instructions: https://bit.ly/3tX2Nj1RenameinZoomAccount

Schedule: Wednesday, November 9th

Please review the schedule closely, as most concurrent sessions in the morning will be offered again in the afternoon.  We hope to provide participants with the space and opportunity to learn with and from early cohort colleges, ask questions, and share experiences.

Time and Agenda Topic
8:15-8:30 AM:                  Care and Check-in
8:30-9:00 AM:                  Welcome, Centering & Introductions
9:00-10:30 AM:               Plenary: Guided Pathways Equity Strategy - More than an Esoteric Exercise
10:30-10:45 AM:             Break
10:45-11:45 AM:             Concurrent Session: 1A Session - Scheduling
10:45-11:45 AM:             Concurrent Session: 1B Session - Pathway Design Meta Mapping
10:45-11:45 AM:             Concurrent Session: 1C Session - Progress Monitoring
10:45-11:45 AM:             Concurrent Session: 1D Session - Intake
10:45-11:45 AM:             Concurrent Session: 1E Session - Structured Exploratory Experiences
11:45-1:00 PM:                Lunch (on your own)
1:00-2:00 PM:                  Concurrent Session: 2A Session - Scheduling
1:00-2:00 PM:                  Concurrent Session: 2B Session - Meta Mapping
1:00-2:00 PM:                  Concurrent Session: 2C Session - Monitoring
1:00-2:00 PM:                  Concurrent Session: 2D Session - Intake
1:00-2:00 PM:                  Concurrent Session: 2E Session - Workplan follow-up and Questions
2:20-2:30 PM:                  Break
2:30-3:00 PM:                  Wrap-up and Closing Thoughts

Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns at crichardson at sbctc.edu<mailto:crichardson at sbctc.edu>. Much luv. You got this.

The value of your personal time is priceless, and please feel obliged not to reply to this email outside of your working hours.

Respectfully and Humbly,

Claudine Richardson, Ph.D., M.S., M.P.A.
Pronouns: they |them |theirs
Policy Associate | Student Success Center and Strategic Initiatives
Equity and Accountability Professional Development in Guided Pathways
PO Box 42495 | 1300 Quince Street SE | Olympia | WA | 98504
crichardson at sbctc.edu<mailto:crichardson at sbctc.edu> | c. 509.230.3690
sbctc.edu * Twitter: @SBCTCWashington * Facebook: @WASBCTC

REGISTRATION OPEN: 2022 Fall Guided Pathways Student Success Institute on Wednesday, November 9th: https://bit.ly/22FGPSSI.

The Strategic Initiatives and Student Success Center Team is working remotely. We are always enthused to support and be of assistance.

SBCTC Vision: "Leading with racial equity, our colleges maximize student potential and transform lives within a culture of belonging that advances racial, social, and economic justice in service to our diverse communities."