[GuidedPathways] Review, Share, and Consider Registering: 25TH Faculty and Staff of Color Conference: October 26- October 28, 2022

Claudine Richardson crichardson at sbctc.edu
Mon Jul 18 12:53:23 PDT 2022

Dear Community and Technical College Family,

Please find below information shared by Dean Judith Hernandez Chapar about the 25th Faculty and Staff of Color Conference (FSOCC) Registration.

Link to conference registration: https://www.regpack.com/reg/templates/build/?g_id=100910352

This is a beautiful opportunity to invite campus members across your spaces to commune, reflect, grow, and learn with and from each other as we continually re-center our humanity in support of each other and the students we serve – given a viral and continuing racial pandemic at the intersection and adjacent of multiple primary and secondary identities.

Please find more information on the why, hotel, cost, and more for registration.

“Registration is Open<https://www.regpack.com/reg/fsocc2022>: 25th Faculty and Staff of Color Conference 2022

We are excited to welcome you back to the annual Faculty and Staff of Color Conference. This year, our conference will be in person (more details provided below) as we celebrate a monumental milestone: 25 years of existence as a collective centered on uplifting faculty and staff of color in our community college system.
CONFERENCE THEME

Health, Healing, and Hope: The FSOCC Anniversary Remix

The 25th Anniversary theme centers on YOU as the core of the conference. We are intent on creating a collective environment of healing, hope, and health. We will provide opportunities for rejuvenation, connection to others, professional development, and celebration of those who’ve come before us. We hope you will join us in this journey. In the care of our community, we ask that masks are used throughout the conference.

CONFERENCE DETAILS
Dates: October 26- October 28, 2022
Location:  Pasco, Washington
Hotel:
Red Lion Hotel Pasco Airport & Conference Center

2525 NORTH 20TH AVENUE,

PASCO, Washington 99301

1-509-5470701

Reserve your hotel directly online<https://be.synxis.com/?adult=1&arrive=2022-10-25&chain=13325&child=0&currency=USD&depart=2022-10-29&group=CONF2022&hotel=37024&level=hotel&locale=en-US&rooms=1>.

Red Lion Hotel Reservation Link: https://be.synxis.com/?adult=1&arrive=2022-10-25&chain=13325&child=0&currency=USD&depart=2022-10-29&group=CONF2022&hotel=37024&level=hotel&locale=en-US&rooms=1.

 or

Phone (Call 509-547-0701 ext. 0) using Block Code: CONF2022. Make sure to make your reservation before OCTOBER 3rd, 2022, to receive the conference rate of $95.00 per night. (Please note that this rate is available on a first-come, first-served basis and is not guaranteed on third-party reservation sites such as Expedia or hotels.com).

REGISTRATION AND FEES

Registration is NOW open! Register today<https://www.regpack.com/reg/fsocc2022>!

Registration cost is as follows:

-Early Bird Registration, before October 3rd: $400,

-Regular Registration: Between October 4 and October 25: $450

-Onsite Registration: $525.

TENTATIVE AGENDA
Wednesday, October 26

2:00pm – 4:00pm: Welcome, Kick-Off, and Keynote

4:00pm – 5:30pm: Networking

5:30pm – 8:30pm: Reception & Special Retirement Celebration

Thursday, October 27

7:30am – 8:30am: Breakfast

8:30am – 10:30am: Networking (Career & mentorship discussion)

10:45am – 12:15pm: Workshop session

12:15pm – 1:15pm: Lunch

1:30pm – 2:30pm: Workshop session

2:45 – 4:45pm: Affinity Groups

6:00pm – 8:00pm: 25th Anniversary Celebration (Red Carpet, photographer, red carpet, buffet, and more

8:00pm – 12:00am: Dance, Sneaker ball and Contest

Friday, October 28

8:30am – 9:00am: Breakfast

9:00am – 10:15am: WA State Equity Leadership panel

10:15am – 11:30am: Legislative and Statewide DEI work update

11:30am – 12:00pm: Strategic implementation planning

CALL FOR PROPOSALS

We invite workshop proposals for the 25th year celebration of our Faculty and Staff of Color Conference. Proposals should center around the theme of Health, Healing, and Hope. Workshops are 90 minutes each. Submit a proposal before September 16, 2022<https://forms.office.com/r/TKnLtm3Zg7>

Link to submit a proposal for the Faculty and Staff of Color Conference: https://forms.office.com/pages/responsepage.aspx?id=HCVM-UcTLkKz6orFa-_Wy9CRtLXmRy9Kmcna_awb8uhUQ0lXQVBNSkw2SU9PTUZQUkNTSlZaRzdGTC4u

PICTURE REQUEST

Do you have pictures from previous FSOCC events? Please share them with us to create a collective display. Email copies to Liz Rangel at rangele at uw.edu<mailto:rangele at uw.edu>.”

The value of your personal time is priceless; please feel obliged not to reply to this email outside of your working hours.

Respectfully and Humbly,

Claudine Richardson, Ph.D., M.S., M.P.A.
Pronouns: they |them |theirs
Policy Associate | Student Success Center and Strategic Initiatives
Equity and Accountability Professional Development in Guided Pathways
PO Box 42495 | 1300 Quince Street SE | Olympia | WA | 98504
crichardson at sbctc.edu<mailto:crichardson at sbctc.edu> | c. 509.230.3690
sbctc.edu • Twitter: @SBCTCWashington • Facebook: @WASBCTC

Summer 2022 Guided Pathways Cohort 1 or 2 Retreat Agenda: https://bit.ly/Summer2022GPAgenda.

Fall 2022 Student Success Colloquium Proposal Form: https://forms.gle/kUMXJH9DNSsg6jGYA.
Registration is OPEN for "An Ethic of Care: Beyond Empowerment for Our Students, Faculty, and Staff": https://bit.ly/3LF3y5x.

The Strategic Initiatives and Student Success Center Team is working remotely. We are always enthused to support and be of assistance.

SBCTC Vision: “Leading with racial equity, our colleges maximize student potential and transform lives within a culture of belonging that advances racial, social, and economic justice in service to our diverse communities.”