[GuidedPathways] Read, Register, Submit a Proposal, and Save the Date: Inaugural 2022 Student Success Colloquium

Claudine Richardson crichardson at sbctc.edu
Mon May 23 15:53:54 PDT 2022

Dear Community and Technical Colleges Family,

Hello, and I hope this May is finding you well in spirit, mind, and body. The Washington State Board for Community and Technical Colleges (WA SBCTC) is excited to announce the inaugural Student Success Colloquium.

Bitly Link for the 2022 Student Success Colloquium Agenda: https://bit.ly/3LF3y5x

Event Dates: Monday, September 12 to Friday, September 16, 2022.

Theme: Ethic of Care: Beyond Empowerment for Our Students, Faculty, and Staff

Location: Virtual (Zoom)

Registration Link: https://www.sbctc.edu/calendar.aspx?trumbaEmbed=eventid%3D159910930%26seotitle%3D2022-Student-Success-Colloquium%26view%3Devent%26-childview%3D. Please click the GREEN "Sign Up" button to register.

Cost of Attendance: FREE to Washington Community and Technical College Members.

Who will be Presenting: This could be YOU! Submit a proposal to facilitate a session at this link to call for proposals: https://forms.gle/kUMXJH9DNSsg6jGYA

Who is Invited to Attend: Everyone across the Washington Community and Technical Colleges (CTCs).

What is the Student Success Colloquium: We recognize that incredible innovation and creativity are occurring across the Washington Community and Technical Colleges that is exemplary and representative of your interest and/or expertise. The Student Success Colloquium is a great space to showcase this work.

Why the Student Success Colloquium Now: From the height of the Pandemic to today, we have experienced struggle, success, and requests to learn from each other. The Student Success Colloquium recognizes there is no student success without faculty and staff success and innovation. This space celebrates the ways that you creatively and continuously reach for mission fulfillment.

Why is the Even Online (Virtual): We continue to be equity-focused. We recognize and are sensitive to the financial and business needs of the community and technical colleges. We wanted to ensure we could have participants across all areas of the campus. Thus, a virtual format provides space for those interested and historically silenced, minoritized, marginalized, and/or underrepresented at conferences and colloquiums to attend and participate.

What are the Learning Tracks for the Colloquium: Equity and Inclusion, Accountability and Belonging, Innovation and/or Technology, Curriculum, Leadership Development, Student Services, and Enrollment.

I want to Present. How Do I Submit a Proposal: Visit the link: https://forms.gle/kUMXJH9DNSsg6jGYA

  *   We invite student-facing staff members, directors, administrators, Alumni Advancement, Deans, Presidents, Vice Presidents, Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion members, Guided Pathways members, professional developers, Anti-racist Curriculum Initiative participants, WA Course Design Checklist users, student involvement, and leadership representatives, concurrent enrollment program members, open education resources creators, and users, Tribal relations, BEdA representatives and supporters, Constellation member and users, financial aid representatives, orientation innovators, workforce, advising members, early alert team members, career services members, advising, enrollment, research team members, e-learning members.
  *   Proposals submission final date is Thursday, June 30, 2022
  *   Facilitators will be selected and notified by Tuesday, July 5, 2022
  *   Facilitations will be 90-minutes from 1:00 to 2:30 PM
  *   We will have 2 to 4 concurrent sessions per day

Closed Captioning: Live transcription and ASL (American Sign Language) interpreters will be available in the Main Zoom sessions. Please email Brook Bane (bbane at sbctc.edu) around Tuesday, August 23, 2022, so we might provide the best possible opportunity to support collective and individual learning.

SBCTC Leads: Claudine Richardson (crichardson at sbctc.edu<mailto:crichardson at sbctc.edu>); Jennifer Whetham (jwhetham at sbctc.edu)<mailto:jwhetham at sbctc.edu>; Monica Wilson (mwilson at sbctc.edu)<mailto:mwilson at sbctc.edu>.

The value of your personal time is priceless, please feel obliged to not reply to this email outside of your working hours.

Respectfully and Humbly,

[signature_198601869]Claudine Richardson, Ph.D., M.S., M.P.A.
Pronouns: they |them |theirs
Policy Associate | Student Success Center and Strategic Initiatives
Equity and Accountability Professional Development in Guided Pathways
PO Box 42495 | 1300 Quince Street SE | Olympia | WA | 98504
crichardson at sbctc.edu<mailto:crichardson at sbctc.edu> | c. 509.230.3690
sbctc.edu * Twitter: @SBCTCWashington * Facebook: @WASBCTC

Spring 2022 Guided Pathway Student Success Institute Condensed Agenda: https://bit.ly/34IiSPD

The Strategic Initiatives and Student Success Center Team is working remotely. We are always enthused to support and be of assistance.

SBCTC Vision: "Leading with racial equity, our colleges maximize student potential and transform lives within a culture of belonging that advances racial, social, and economic justice in service to our diverse communities."