[GuidedPathways] WA SBCTC Guided Pathways Vision, Mission, and 5 Guiding Principles

Claudine Richardson crichardson at sbctc.edu
Tue Nov 16 16:50:20 PST 2021

Dear CTC Family,

Hello! We learned so many new things at the Guided Pathways Retreat last week. Thank you to those who could attend and were able to share their feedback with me. Further, I thought it might be great to share the SBCTC Student Success Center Guided Pathways vision, mission, and 5 guiding principles. The below (to my limited knowledge) has been the vision, mission, and guiding principles that were continued under former director of the Student Success Center, Dr. Kristi Wellington Baker. We feel tremendously honored to continue Guided Pathways work and passion using the vision, mission, and 5 guiding principles below in the 2021-2022 learning agendas for the theme/season of transformative change.

Guided Pathways Vision:

A system that advances racial, social, and economic justice by achieving equitable student aspiration, access, economic progress, and educational and career attainment.

Guided Pathways Mission:
The Washington Student Success Center works to create an equitable system that prepares all learners to engage in a diverse society and workforce, achieve economic mobility through educational attainment, and contribute to a socially just society.

Guided Pathways 5 Guiding Principles:
Principle #1 - Guided Pathways requires urgent, radical, equity-minded, transformat[ive] organizational change.
Principle #2 - Guided Pathways requires a culturally responsive commitment to racial and social equity by dismantling systemic policies and practices that perpetuate inequities.
Principle #3 - The voices of students, faculty, staff, and community members are essential to fully engage in adaptive problem focused inquiry processes leading to meaningful action and sustained systemic change.
Principle #4 - Guided Pathways requires intentional collaborative learning through partnerships, professional and resource development
Principle #5 - Guided Pathways requires a focus on learning and outcomes aligned with community values and industry needs.

The value of your personal time is priceless, please feel obliged to not reply to this email outside of your working hours.

Respectfully and Humbly,

[signature_198601869]Claudine Richardson, Ph.D., M.S., M.P.A.
Pronouns: they |them |theirs
Policy Associate | Student Success Center
PO Box 42495 | 1300 Quince Street SE | Olympia | WA | 98504
crichardson at sbctc.edu<mailto:crichardson at sbctc.edu> | c. 509.230.3690
sbctc.edu * Twitter: @SBCTCWashington * Facebook: @WASBCTC

SBCTC Vision: "Leading with racial equity, our colleges maximize student potential and transform lives within a culture of belonging that advances racial, social, and economic justice in service to our diverse communities."