[GuidedPathways] Register for the 2021 Fall Guided Pathways Retreat on November 8th and 9th

Claudine Richardson crichardson at sbctc.edu
Tue Sep 28 11:07:01 PDT 2021

Dear Family,

Hello. Can you believe it's already time to register for the 2021 Fall Guided Pathways Retreat on Monday, November 8, and Tuesday, November 9th? This academic year, the theme is transformative change, and I could not think of a better theme to celebrate and acknowledge the work, effort, and collaboration the 2021 Guided Pathways work plans reflected. The priorities identified in the 2021 Guided Pathway work plans are guiding the 2021-2022 Learning agenda.

Who are some of the presenters: We are honored to have President Dr. Michael Baston, Dr. Mays Imad, Dr. Jeremiah Sims, Rachel Sims, & IDEAL Scholars, Rashad Norris, and more.

Who should I contact to know if I should register: Contact your college Guided Pathways lead, and/or Vice President for Instruction will be able to identify who will be registering for the 2021 Fall Guided Pathways Retreat. The team size maximum per college will be 10 to 12 people. Suggested team compassion includes the Instruction & Student Services Leadership, Institutional Research Representative, Career & Academic Advisors, and faculty.

Where do I go to register: After confirming with your college Guided Pathways lead, register at https://bit.ly/3hEm6Hc

What are the dates and times of the Fall Guided Pathways Retreat: Monday, November 8, from 8:30 to 3:45 PM and Tuesday, November 9th, from 8:45 to 4:30 PM.

What are the learning outcomes for the 2021 Fall Guided Pathways Retreat:

  *   Discover equity-centered transformative leadership tenets designed to examine ways to transition from crisis to opportunity.
  *   Examine ways to prioritize transformative change within the intake process in alignment with essential practice areas (Intake, Sense of belonging, Structured Exploratory Experiences).

  *   Build knowledge of equity-centered data analysis practices to identify and assess the alignment of college Guided Pathways priorities with enrollment goals.

Where do I get the link for the Zoom meetings: The link for the Zoom sessions will be sent out 1 week prior to the event. Furthermore, the Zoom links will also be posted in the 2021 Guided Pathways Retreat Canvas shell.

When will I be invited to the Canvas shell: We hope to send the invite 2-weeks before the start of the retreat.

I need closed captioning and/or live transcripts: Yes, live transcripts will be turned on for all sessions. We will also be recording the sessions.

Suggestions for Zoom: Some campuses have returned to meetings in person. If you identify as one of those campuses, consider using a conference room to come together for the retreat. This will enhance the time experience and intrapreneurship (innovation, vulnerability, and applications from within the respective campus) during most of the retreat. If you are able to meet in person, consider ways you can use your wall space, dry-erase boards, post-it notes, etc. to visualize the concepts and answers to the questions that will be shared. If you are attending virtually, consider ways to collect thoughts and ideas as a team.

Request: We are hoping to have sessions be as interactive as possible. Please format your Zoom name to the following Institution | First and Last name | Pronouns before entering the Zoom room for the 2021 Fall Guided Pathways Retreat on Monday, November 8th, and Tuesday, November 9th.

Looking forward to meeting you soon.

The value of your personal time is priceless, please feel obliged to not reply to this email outside of your working hours.

Respectfully and Humbly,

[signature_198601869] Claudine Richardson, Ph.D., M.S., M.P.A.

Pronouns: they |them |theirs

Policy Associate | Student Success Center

PO Box 42495 | 1300 Quince Street SE | Olympia | WA | 98504

crichardson at sbctc.edu | c. 509.230.3690

sbctc.edu • Twitter: @SBCTCWashington • Facebook: @WASBCTC