[GuidedPathways] PLEASE READ > Guided Pathways Listserv Use

Henry, Dutch DHenry at shoreline.edu
Mon Oct 26 13:21:05 PDT 2020

Thanks, Kristi, for encouraging us to use this list as a way to crowdsource strategies and solutions for our ongoing Guided Pathways challenges. I'll be brave enough to take the first opportunity to ask for suggestions.

Among our many Guided Pathways projects at Shoreline, we are attempting to identify key gateway courses other than English or math that provide key pathways or potential barriers to students in their first year. We have used the Common Course Tableau Dashboard to identify the key common course numbered courses, but we have a couple of other challenges that we would like help with. Here are a few key questions:

  1.  How did you identify other key gateway courses other than English, math, and common course numbered courses? Did you only use enrollment numbers, for instance, or did you have other methods?
  2.  How did you facilitate discussion across campus and within programs regarding success rates, learning outcomes, and key assessments?
  3.  What methods did you use to identify other potential courses that could be gateway courses that were being underutilized by students?
  4.  Finally, what strategies have worked to increase success rates in these courses?

If you are willing to share and would prefer to email me directly rather than responding to the listserv, feel free to email me at dhenry at shoreline.edu.

Thanks,
Dutch

Dutch Henry, Ph.D.
Professor of English
Guided Pathways Core Team Co-Lead
Higher Education English Lead, Bridge to College Project
Shoreline Community College
5000 Building, Office #5373
206-546-5807
16101 Greenwood Ave N
Shoreline, WA 98133
www.shoreline.edu<http://www.shoreline.edu>
https://bridgetocollegecourses.org/
Pronouns: he/his/him

“This is precisely the time when artists go to work. There is no time for despair, no time for self-pity,no need for silence,  no room for fear. We speak, we write, we do language. That is how civilizations heal.”
--Toni Morrison