[GuidedPathways] Registration is open for the 2019 Cascadia Open Education Summit

Jennifer Whetham jwhetham at sbctc.edu
Thu Feb 14 16:15:53 PST 2019

Registration is open for the 2019 Cascadia Open Education Summit
Dates & Location

April 17-18, 2019

SFU Harbour Centre

515 W Hastings St

Vancouver, British Columbia V6B 5K3

Conference Description

This year's theme is "Scaling New Heights with Open Education" and is a great opportunity to showcase the diverse and innovative spectrum of Open Education successes, ideas, and practices in our region - and to network with peers and colleagues from Oregon, Washington, and British Columbia.

The venue, of course, is among the best to be found anywhere.

The Summit <https://bccampus.ca/events/cascadia-open-education-summit-2019/cascadia-open-education-summit-call-for-proposals/> is co-hosted by BC Campus, SBCTC, Open Oregon, and Lumen Learning for an audience of higher education participants of any role, from administrators to faculty and librarians to students.

Registration

SBCTC is extending special benefits to participants from the Washington Community and Technical College System:

*        SBCTC will cover registration fees for all attendees from Washington Community & Technical Colleges. When you register<https://events.eply.com/2019CascadiaOESummit>, the form requires you to specify your institution; when you choose a Washington CTC, you'll be registered at no charge. No codes or reimbursements are required.

*        If you have a proposal accepted, SBCTC will provide a further subsidy of $750.00 for presenters from our system colleges.  State Ethics Board approval is required for faculty and staff. Students are also encouraged to present.

Contact Boyoung Chae<mailto:bchae at sbctc.edu?subject=Cascadia%20Open%20Education%20Summit> at SBCTC for details after receiving notice that a proposal has been accepted.

Please feel free to disseminate this information on your campuses and other networks in the system. We look forward to seeing you!