[FYE-CSS] question for colleges implementing required college success courses

Elizabeth Zitron EZitron at pierce.ctc.edu
Wed Feb 2 11:44:09 PST 2022

We did a roll out for ours as follows (and we are a big school! Our program serves approx 2500-3000 students a year!)

•Summer 2012 Gradual rollout begins.Mandatory for students who test into 3 levels of Developmental classes (Reading, English, Math)

•2012-2013 Pierce joins Achieving the Dream, College Success rolled into AtD initiatives

•Summer 2013 Students who test into 2 levels of Developmental classes

•Summer 2014 Students who test into 1 level of Developmental classes

•Summer 2015 All degree or certificate seeking students mandated to enroll in College Success first or second quarter (with a few exceptions)

•Summer 2017 All students required to take class in first quarter of attendance (harder to enforce but working on with ctcLink)

Hope this helps, Lizz

 Lizz (Elizabeth) Zitron
 she/her/hers
Assistant Professor and Program Chair, College Success

Pierce College

p:      253-912-2353

a:      Cascade 519, 9401 Farwest Drive SW, Lakewood, WA  98498
w:      www.pierce.ctc.edu<http://www.pierce.ctc.edu/> e: ezitron at pierce.ctc.edu

[pierce college logo]
TOP 5 Community College in the Nation
[aspen prize for community college excellence rising star 2019 logo and achieving the dream leader college of distinction logo]