[Factc] Fall FACTC meeting agendas and information

Anne Brackett abrackett at everettcc.edu
Wed Sep 29 09:48:29 PDT 2021

Hello FACTC representatives,
I hope your fall quarter is off to a fantastic start.  Are you delighted to
see students again either via zoom or in person? I am!  It's good to be
teaching again.

We have two FACTC meetings on Oct 14 and 28 from 3-5pm.  A calendar invite
with zoom info. was sent out this morning.  In past (pre-COVID) years we've
used our fall meetings as a retreat to reflect, connect, and plan for the
year ahead.  With a retreat focus in mind, I've identified three goals for
our time together:

   - Strengthen the FACTC rep network by connecting with one another.
   - Increase our collective awareness of emerging issues and conversations.
   - Deepen our understanding of where FACTC fits in the SBCTC org chart
   and identify where opportunities and capacity exist to do meaningful state
   level work.

How do we accomplish these goals?  We spend time in conversation getting to
know one another. sprinkle in a few informative presentations, and collect
what we learn to identify our work for the year.  Here's a draft agenda
<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1APG0nRFISywf9hD3feC1NETiWXBuvRTg2KZiz6hwZuQ/edit?usp=sharing>
review.  If you have additional items, please let me know. Otherwise, I
look forward to seeing you in Zoom on the 14th!

Anne

--
Anne Brackett
FACTC President