[Factc] FACTC Update

Taylor, Terry ttaylor at shoreline.edu
Thu Jun 18 06:21:47 PDT 2020

Hi FACTC Reps.,

Should have sent this sooner but by now you have figured that we are not having an additional online meeting for Spring.  It was just too hard on top of everything we are all dealing with this quarter.

The plan is for our meeting in Fall (sometime in October) is to be online again.  It seemed to work this quarter with really good attendance.   We may want to break it up into smaller multiple sessions.  I may be reaching out to you all for advice during the summer.

I have been part of the SBCTC Long-term Advocacy Task Force (that might not be the exact name but something like that).  There is currently planning for a possible special session and the regular biennial budget session for next January.   This is important item to track since it is a certainty that there will be significant budget challenges facing our state and our colleges.

As this group decides on a strategy I will be passing on information for you to share with your campuses and take action.

If you have concerns or issues that you would like the group to work on please let me know.  Under our current circumstances I'm hoping we can make greater use of the listserv to communicate more often and carry on discussions.

Hope everyone is well and able to get some rest when the quarter ends,

Take care,
Terry

Terry L. Taylor
President of FACTC<http://factc.org/wp/>, 2019-

Assistant Dean, The Honors College
Professor of History, Political Science, and International Studies

Shoreline Community College

5343 FOSS
16101 Greenwood Ave. North

Shoreline, WA 98133 USA

ttaylor at shoreline.edu<mailto:ttaylor at shoreline.edu> |  206.546.4589

[cid:e4ab6af6-28b1-4046-9080-d76b8765a025]