[Factc] GP Pro D and Selected Resources

Jennifer Whetham jwhetham at sbctc.edu
Tue Jan 28 12:16:40 PST 2020

Hey, everyone!

I had a faculty member reach out to me to ask about professional development for GP, and I wanted to share what I created for her more broadly with the system. Below are 6 different opportunities for professional development with a specific focus on guided pathways. In addition are a list of GP-specific resources I find myself turning to again and again.

Questions? Please let me know! jwhetham at sbctc.edu<mailto:jwhetham at sbctc.edu>

Peace,

Jen
Professional Development Opportunities with a GP Focus

1.      Guided Pathways Workplan Webinars (winter 2020) with Kristi Wellington-Baker

a.      Audience: Everyone!

b.      Workplan Webinars Information: http://bit.ly/313sle8

c.       GP Implementation Workplan: http://bit.ly/3aRjiRZ

d.      Workplan "Considerations" Document: http://bit.ly/2U5cVEG

2.      Guided Pathways Webinar Series: "Rethinking Student Instruction" (winter 2020)

a.      Webinar Recordings, Slide Decks, and Schedule: http://bit.ly/2TVj9XG

3.      ATL Retreat (winter 2020)

a.      Audience: folks who hold or are looking to take on leadership roles in GP

b.      Draft ATL Retreat Agenda: http://bit.ly/39E0xRm

c.       ATL Retreat Registration Form: http://bit.ly/36ie8uH

4.      Faculty Association of Community and Technical Colleges (FACTC) Meeting (winter 2020)

a.      Audience: FACTC Representatives from the 34 CTCs

                                                              i.      List of Reps: http://bit.ly/2RzR7zq

b.      February 13th & 14th at South Puget Sound CC

c.       Draft Agenda: http://bit.ly/2Rxcm4K

5.      ATL Conference (spring 2020)

a.      Audience: Everyone! Great for folks to get the basics and advanced level information and for faculty to learn from and with other faculty

b.      Call for Proposals: http://bit.ly/2urzEjk

c.       Conference Proposal Form: http://bit.ly/2sOjeky

6.      Washington Center Summer Institute (summer 2020)

a.      Audience: Cross-functional teams develop a 2-year action plan with tailored support to start, expand, or strengthen learning community programs and guided pathways initiatives. This is a great way to invest the funding your college receives from the 34 million from the legislature!

b.      Website: http://bit.ly/2OQTI6D

Selected Resources (Jen is Using & Talking About a Lot These Days)

*         Student Success Center Webpage: http://bit.ly/2M78Mvh

*         Student Success Center GP Resources Page: http://bit.ly/2tMSTRf

*         Jen gathered together faculty leaders from the early adopter colleges to work on a presentation around the adaptive challenges to faculty leadership and engagement

o   "Past the Pep Rally" Slide Deck: http://bit.ly/2FxwIUH

o   "Past the Pep Rally" Handout: http://bit.ly/35xivBP

o   Note: Jen has a longer slide deck, "raw data" notes, and a recording of the original 90 minute sharing session among the faculty leaders if anyone is interested.

*         Lessons Learned from Early Adopter Colleges from the GP kickoff event January 2020: http://bit.ly/36VBxDb

*         Estela Mara Bensimon plenary session from fall 2019 student success institute in November:

o   Slide Deck: "What First Generation Equity Workers Need to Learn": http://bit.ly/2usI5e5

o   Handout: "Implementing a Learner Success Network": http://bit.ly/2Rz2EPn

*         Equity-Minded Program Review Resources from a session at the fall 2019 student success institute in November

o   Overview: http://bit.ly/2uFXyaV

o   Slide Deck: "What We've Learned in Washington": http://bit.ly/2O4yoti

o   Worksheet: http://bit.ly/36VBxDb

o   Tableau Dashboard: https://tabsoft.co/2Qfatt6

*         "Critical Friend" Memos by Deb Bragg from the early years of GP implementation

o   Memo #1: http://bit.ly/38VperV

o   Memo #2: http://bit.ly/2PyUOUI

o   Memo #3: http://bit.ly/38Sj7ow

o   Memo #4: http://bit.ly/2tW58hy

[Title: SBCTC logo - Description: Compass]Jennifer Whetham (pronouns: she/her/hers)
Assessment, Teaching, and Learning
jwhetham at sbctc.edu<mailto:jwhetham at sbctc.edu> * o: 360-704-4354 * c: 206-310-1291
2019-20 ATL Initiative: Supporting Faculty Engagement in Guided Pathways<http://bit.ly/2BpQe3q>
Add Your Voice: Take the Survey<http://bit.ly/2odbDJM>

"The problems of racism in writing classrooms are not primarily pedagogical problems to solve alone. Racism is an assessment problem, which can only be fully solved by changing the system of assessment, by changing the classroom writing assessment ecology. Thus assessment must be reconceived as an antiracist ecology."

 [FB671723]        Asao B. Inoue, Antiracist Writing Assessment Ecologies<http://bit.ly/2xvacY4>