[Factc] Please Respond: FACTC SPRING MEETING

Taylor, Terry ttaylor at shoreline.edu
Sun Apr 26 17:39:30 PDT 2020

Hi All,

Hope you are all well and managing with our extraordinary changes this quarter.  I've been trying to think, for far too long, on how we can carry on our work under the current crisis.  So with my procrastination at an end, I'd like to propose a few ideas and get your feedback and other ideas.   There are 3 questions below.  Please return your answers to me at ttaylor at shoreline.edu  I know personnaly that Zoom fatigue is a real thing so I'm proposing a minimal agenda and breaking the meeting up into smaller sessions.

I.  Meeting May 8
Kristi Wellington-Baker was scheduled to be at our Spring Meeting on Friday,  May 8.
She has graciously offered to meet us on Zoom with the latest developments on Guided Pathways on the same day we had planned.

Question 1.   Would a 1:00 or 2:00 start time on that Friday work for you?

Additionally we have some of our normal business to transact on a separate date.

II.  Meeting May 15

I was thinking a second Zoom meeting (maybe 2 hours or so?) where we could consider the following:

Update on SBCTC from Bill and/or Jen.
Also, I think we were on track to make FACTC more meaningful to the system, we had a meeting in Olympia literally on the same day that the pandemic started to impact our colleges.

A general discussion on how our campuses are dealing with the quarantine, ideas, suggestions, sharing helpful hints, etc.

We do, according to the bylaws, need to conduct a vote on officers for next year.

Finally, some ideas on how to plan for the Fall meeting.  We are overdue for a retreat but I find that kind of risky until we know more (same for a campus meeting).  We may need to wait till Summer to have a better idea of what will be possible.

Question 2   Would this second date May 15th work for you with a 1:00 start?

Question 3    Any other ideas or suggestions?

Please return your answers to all three questions and comments to me directly at ttaylor at shoreline.edu

Thanks again,

Terry

Terry L. Taylor
President of FACTC<http://factc.org/wp/>, 2019-

Assistant Dean, The Honors College
Professor of History, Political Science, and International Studies

Shoreline Community College

5343 FOSS
16101 Greenwood Ave. North

Shoreline, WA 98133 USA