[Factc] South Seeking Two Interim Associate Deans

Jennifer Whetham jwhetham at sbctc.edu
Thu Jul 4 08:41:06 PDT 2019

Hey, friends!
This is great opportunity!

Any Typos Courtesy of iPhone Text-to-Speech

Begin forwarded message:

From: "Delaney, Stephanie via ATC" <atc at lists.ctc.edu<mailto:atc at lists.ctc.edu>>
Date: July 3, 2019 at 5:50:57 PM PDT

Colleagues,

South Seattle College is seeking two interim Associate Deans, one for English, Humanities and Social Sciences<https://scedu-my.sharepoint.com/:w:/g/personal/stephanie_delaney_seattlecolleges_edu/EVDh1RS-JGhBgB6TaB-XlzcBv4XdLhNcsR1Sw-eg8a2qBA?e=7XBdbO> and one for Math, Science and Business<https://scedu-my.sharepoint.com/:w:/g/personal/stephanie_delaney_seattlecolleges_edu/ESqpOuKvUHZLkmHR0DCLK80Bk967X3c-09i26lJ_6hBoPQ?e=xN7ayI>. The interim Associate Deans will be working under the supervision of interim Dean Johnny Hu as I will be leaving for a new position as Vice President of Instruction at Renton Technical College.

·         Job Description for interim Associate Dean of Math, Science and Business<https://scedu-my.sharepoint.com/:w:/g/personal/stephanie_delaney_seattlecolleges_edu/ESqpOuKvUHZLkmHR0DCLK80Bk967X3c-09i26lJ_6hBoPQ?e=xN7ayI>

·         Job Description for interim Associate Dean of English, Humanities and Social Sciences<https://scedu-my.sharepoint.com/:w:/g/personal/stephanie_delaney_seattlecolleges_edu/EVDh1RS-JGhBgB6TaB-XlzcBv4XdLhNcsR1Sw-eg8a2qBA?e=7XBdbO>

If you are interested in either interim Associate Dean position, please submit your resume and a letter of interest, specifying how your background and experience prepare you for performing the essential duties of the position.  Submit these documents via email to me (stephanie.delaney at seattlecolleges.edu<mailto:stephanie.delaney at seattlecolleges.edu>) and Johnny Hu (johnny.hu at seattlecolleges.edu<mailto:johnny.hu at seattlecolleges.edu>) by July 14.

It is anticipated that both positions will begin as soon as possible and will last through December while we perform searches for permanent associate deans. Interim deans will be eligible to apply for the permanent positions.

Please share this announcement broadly. If you have any questions, please let me know.

Stephanie

“It’s not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent,
but the one that is most adaptable to change.”
~Charles Darwin~

Stephanie Delaney, JD, PhD
Dean of Academic Programs
South Seattle College