[Factc] Teaching Essentials: Fall Enrollment OPEN!

Jennifer Whetham jwhetham at sbctc.edu
Thu Aug 8 15:40:10 PDT 2019

 Teaching Essentials: Skills for the 21st Century
[https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/ds6jEqJFFCSF4ln38K6QPapAvwyttiVkhl9J3cBo2Vdb2_DH6BtYYpKdN_bqvXG-WHuLWOeaf6tY0UTnwdpma1gbrlDZa3KP-xd9qLvbIlUPpuQPNdovECFmeKuxXKJs6q5RY0sx]

Are you new to teaching, or want to update your skills? This online series of four short courses gives those interested in teaching as well as faculty that come from the field with little or no teaching experience the tools to be prepared to meet and engage students where they are. There are no textbook costs for this online program, and each course is just 100.00. It results in a 12-credit short-term Teaching Essentials Certificate.
New: Those who complete RTC’s Teaching Essentials series will be credited as valuable internship and workforce practicum credits for the Professional Technical Education and Instructional Design BA<http://www.southseattle.edu/programs/bas/professional-technical-teacher-education> offered by South Seattle.

Further information registration links:  http://rtc.edu/teaching-essentials

[cid:image003.png at 01D54DEA.B21C41E0]<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ktz-DC6Uquw>

Teaching Essentials Certificate Program Outcomes:

1.        Organize and facilitate various learning spaces.

2.        Implement appropriate instructional methodologies.

3.        Assist and assess diverse learners.

4.        Utilize the internet as a learning tool and collaborative platform for continued learning.

 “I had little teaching experience. This not only got me on my feet, it propelled me forward into becoming the kind of teacher that can help my students succeed.”  -Joseph Isaacks, Application Development Faculty.

Sign up now for Fall Quarter! Teaching Essentials Course Series:

Fall Quarter 2019:

  1.  EDUC 200 W750 Introduction to Professional -Technical Instruction Oct 2 - 30
  2.  EDUC 231 W752 Managing the Learning Environment Nov 6 – Dec. 4

Winter Quarter 2020:

  1.  EDUC 170  W754 Technology for Teaching and Learning Jan. 15 – Feb. 12
  2.  EDUC 282 W756   Integrating Cultural Diversity into the Curriculum Feb 19 – March 18
  3.
Questions? Contact Dr. Liz Falconer, Program Director, lfalconer at rtc.edu<mailto:lfalconer at rtc.edu>