[Factc] Homework for FACTC Fall Meeting

Smith, Gerard GSmith at clark.edu
Fri Sep 21 12:21:36 PDT 2018

Hello again,

We have several continuing themes listed for discussion on our fall agenda: 1)  retention and student success, 2) guided pathways and social equity.  Please come prepared to present and discuss what your campus or what you are doing to achieve these goals.

What retention strategies has your campus or department implemented to increase student retention?  Have these methods helped increased student success?

What work has your campus done on addressing issue of social equity, especially in regards to guided pathways if you college is implementing that structure?

What policies or practices, either at the state or local level, do you feel inhibit or help the achievement of social equity or retention goals?

I hope we can have an engaging and thought-provoking discussion about these important issues.

Gerry