[Factc] Centering Student Learning by Connecting Equity and Assessment: Plenary Sessions at the Upcoming 2018 ATL Conference

Jennifer Whetham jwhetham at sbctc.edu
Wed Mar 7 22:15:01 PST 2018

Friends and Colleagues:
I am excited to announce our plenary speakers and sessions for the upcoming 2018 ATL Conference<https://goo.gl/nt8ATm>!
Plenary Session I: Our Lasting Work: How to Bridge Between Equity and Outcomes Assessment
Speaker: Debra Jenkins, Clark College
Read More: https://goo.gl/A4Xfof
Participant Feedback from Debi's Pre-Conference Workshop at the 2017 ATL Conference:

  *   It is possible to sit entranced for 31/2 hours, hanging on a presenter's every work. This was amazing.
  *   Wonderful, dynamic presenter who added to my information about & courage with critical pedagogy.
  *   Transparency of facilitator. She was humorous & shared life experiences for real examples to support presentation on content.
Plenary Session II: Transparency in Teaching and Learning
Speakers: Pat Hutchings, National Institute for Learning Outcomes Assessment (NILOA) and Mary-Ann Winklemes, Association of American Colleges & Universities (AAC&U)
Read More: https://goo.gl/AmwZbn

Participant Feedback from Pat's Plenary Session at the 2017 ATL Conference:

  *   Pat really tailored this for us & she provided concrete examples, practices, & links to worthwhile resources.
  *   Very engaging & thought provoking. It made me think about my role as a campus leader, my role in encouraging a focus on T&L.
  *   Fantastic. Gave our group inspiration for how to retool existing resources to build a culture of T&L & assessment into professional development.

Register Now!
https://goo.gl/hXSjEE

[Compass]Jennifer Whetham
Program Administrator, Assessment, Teaching, and Learning
Faculty Development
jwhetham at sbctc.edu<mailto:jwhetham at sbctc.edu> * o: 360-704-4354 * c: 206.310.1291
Attend the ATL Conference<https://www.sbctc.edu/colleges-staff/programs-services/assessment-teaching-learning/atl-conference-materials.aspx> *Read the ATL Blog<https://assessmentlearningteaching.wordpress.com/> *Subscribe to the ATLC Mailing List<https://mailchi.mp/23f81e97faec/assessment-teaching-and-learning-community-atlc-mailing-list>