[Factc] Seeking feedback on proposed revisions to Smarter Balanced placement agreement

Bill Moore bmoore at sbctc.edu
Mon Jan 8 17:09:05 PST 2018

The 2017 Legislature passed a law making significant changes to the K-12 assessment requirement, including shifting the timing of the high school assessment from the 11th grade to the 10th (that was already the case in practice for English but NOT for math). This shift means we need to revisit our placement agreements, so a work group met in December to recommend changes in the language in order to maintain the agreement.
We're seeking feedback on the recommendations before we take them to our system leadership for final approval; here's a link to the document with the proposed changes:
Math: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1noQ30Umg1V41ZjisDz5VX7uw-YIhyyTS

English: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1D4oLkl-Pu7BRfFvnq4A57PK4M2AJGW9n

In addition to the recommendations the document includes a bit more background to the new law as well as a link to a  Google form for providing feedback; the deadline for input is January 23rd.

Feel free to share as widely as you'd like with colleagues who would like to provide some feedback!

Let me know if you have any questions-take care!

Bill

William S. Moore, Ph.D.
Director, Core to College Alignment & K-12 Partnerships
State Board for Community & Technical Colleges
1300 Quince St. SE               Box 42495
Olympia, WA 98504-2495
360-704-4346
http://bridgetocollegecourses.org/
http://c2cwa.wordpress.com/