[Factc] The uncommunicating muteness of fishes

Vogel, Rob Rob.Vogel at scc.spokane.edu
Tue May 2 16:55:53 PDT 2017

Hello My Friends,

As you know, many moons ago, I requested items for inclusion in our FACTC Newsletter.  Alas, none were forthcoming.  That's OK, I understand how busy you all are as well as your colleagues at your colleges and schools.  I also pestered my colleagues here at SCC, several of whom thought the idea of a FACTC newsletter was excellent, but they, too were too busy to find the time to write.  (I believe it was the Buddha who said "if you keep busy, life is beyond hope." It's no wonder he achieved such enlightenment. Probably didn't even take him that long. )

Anyhow, I contacted Mark Doer, he who formerly occupied the editor's desk, about what to do.  He suggested I ask you to bring facts about your campus to the FACTC meeting this week and perhaps we could take a few minutes to whip out some stories.  You can get info about your school from the President's office, the Vice President's office, the Public Relations office, etc.  Even if you suffer from writer's block or prefer not to write, I could take the facts you provide and turn it into a story.

I wouldn't mind if you got a story idea or two from someone on which  I could do some research and turn it into a story.  Of course, it should involve Washington community colleges or higher ed in general.  If you want to work together to do it, that's fine, too, but we can always take the road not taken and get in touch with our inner Thomas Paine, Mark Twain, Nellie Bly, H.L. Mencken, or Hunter S. Thompson..

I appreciate your help.

Yours,
Rob B Vogel
Spokane Community College