[Etag] CATO updates from Monica

Monica Olsson molsson at sbctc.edu
Thu Mar 3 14:44:24 PST 2022

Hi ETAG,

Apologies for missing the last meeting. I was unwell. Below is a list of CATO's recent work and projects. Previously, I sent this group an email with detailed information about the High Point HCX accessibility testing. Let me know if you have any questions. ~Monica

  *   UW guest presenter Gaby joined at February CATO meeting re: high-level workflow for PDF remediation. View recording of Gaby's presentation.<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=207uC-WzHCI&list=PLremT3vkrxVaS65YuAHnYdsTcpP7q8Lrj&index=2&t=18s>

  *   HCX Mobile Accessibility Conformance testing completed in December by CATO members. Issues were documented with SBCTC IT staff and with the vendor.

  *   SBCTC IT department is setting up a test environment for latest version of High Point HCX, which will likely be released in fall 2022.

  *   IMS Global Accessibility Task Force<https://site.imsglobal.org/about/groups/accessibility-task-force#:~:text=The%20Accessibility%20Task%20Force%20is,and%20specifications%20related%20to%20accessibility.>. Pilot Program: testing out the group's IT Procurement Vendor/Customer Rubric with Macmillan Publishing's Accessibility team. Collaboration with CATO co-chair, Doug Hayman. We will be testing their virtual science lab simulator. If you or a team member is interested in helping to test, please contact me.

[Title: SBCTC logo - Description: Compass]

Monica M. Olsson (she/her/hers)

Policy Associate – Accessible IT Coordinator

molsson at sbctc.edu<mailto:molsson at sbctc.edu> • o: 360-704-3922 • c: 206-914-7187

sbctc.edu<https://www.sbctc.edu/> • Twitter: @SBCTCWashington<https://twitter.com/SBCTCWashington> • Facebook: @WASBCTC<https://www.facebook.com/wasbctc/>