[Etag] Zoom Exploit

Andy Duckworth aduckworth at sbctc.edu
Thu Apr 2 08:37:36 PDT 2020

Morning Everyone!

Just wanted to give everyone a heads up!

I ran across this Ars Technica article<https://arstechnica.com/information-technology/2020/04/unpatched-zoom-bug-lets-attackers-steal-windows-credentials-with-no-warning/> this morning and thought I would share. Apparently, nefarious individuals can post a link in chat that prompts Windows to send credentials to them. This may not be an issue in small meetings where everyone knows and trusts everyone, but could be an issue in larger, more public, meetings. Just like with email, until Zoom patches, end users should probably only click links from folks they know.

[signature_1734394298]
Andy Duckworth
Pronouns: he|him|his
Technology Innovation Officer