[DEOC] Update on my next chapter!

Moses, Bennie bmoses at columbiabasin.edu
Tue Oct 4 17:07:10 PDT 2022

Alii! Good afternoon DEOC Friends!

I am also sharing a quick note to let you all know that I am also transitioning out of my role as Dean for Diversity, Equity & Inclusion at CBC. This has been an amazing year for me, both at CBC and in WA DEOCC. I have been able to establish some great relationships and partnerships that I will cherish as I move on.

My family has always been in Oregon and I have commuted back and forth. Due to some health issues with my partner, we have made the choice for me to be home in Oregon so I can be closer to family.  I am also fortunate that I am able to go back and serve in a brand new role as the Associate VP for DEI at Eastern Oregon University.

I will start working on a part-time basis between CBC and EOU next week, beginning October 13th, in order to ensure that CBC is well positioned to continue the work moving forward. With that said, CBC has already opened this position and if you or someone you know is interested, please share and encourage them to apply (Dean for DEI).<https://www.schooljobs.com/careers/columbiabasin/jobs/3744128/dean-for-diversity-equity-inclusion?pagetype=jobOpportunitiesJobs>

CBC has also received the Title V HSI grant<https://www.nbcrightnow.com/news/cbc-gets-3-million-hispanic-serving-institution-grant/article_2c659074-4328-11ed-bdd8-4f57ba92b0e2.html> that incorporates building an Equity/Multicultural Center and positions to staff the center and ensure student success.  This is exciting work for the next person, and I hope you share this to help us make sure that this work continues.

I am hopeful that in my new role, and because we are in higher education, our paths will cross.  Thank you from the bottom of my heart for receiving and including me in this wonderful group of brilliant DEI Scholars. I am truly honored to have learned and worked alongside you all and wish you all continued success.

With gratitude and respect,

Bennie

[Visit the CBC Website]<https://www.columbiabasin.edu/>

Bennie Moses, MBA (She/Hers)
Dean of Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
Email: bmoses at columbiabasin.edu
509.544.2024  ext. 2024
Cell: 509.537.4600
2600 N. 20th Ave. Pasco, WA 99301
[Follow CBC on Facebook]<https://www.facebook.com/columbiabasincollege> [Follow CBC on Instagram] <https://www.instagram.com/cbcollege>  [Follow CBC on Twitter] <https://www.twitter.com/cbcollege>  [Follow CBC on YouTube] <https://www.youtube.com/columbiabasincollege>  [Follow CBC on Snapchat] <https://www.snapchat.com/add/cbchawkssnaps>
[We All Soar Together]