[DEOC] Day of Awareness

Britten, Robert Robert.Britten at lwtech.edu
Thu May 5 12:08:41 PDT 2022

Good Afternoon My Friends and Colleagues,

The Office of EDI at LWTech invite you to pause and reflect today in honor and on behalf of Missing & Murdered Indigenous Women and Girls. Our State Legislature passed SB-1725<https://lawfilesext.leg.wa.gov/biennium/2021-22/Pdf/Bills/Session%20Laws/House/1725-S.SL.pdf?q=20220505083724> and Gov. Inslee signed into law this bill that creates a first-in-the-nation state wide alert system for missing indigenous persons. To further emphasize the importance of this act, yesterday President Biden signed a Proclamation <https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefing-room/presidential-actions/2022/05/04/a-proclamation-on-missing-or-murdered-indigenous-persons-awareness-day-2022/?fbclid=IwAR3BI2BEwU6JJMETRTS-47rfl0P0GWo6abrMQ-c_Qw9ntAujIaM-ShzD0CE> declaring Thursday as Missing or Murdered Indigenous Persons Awareness Day. This awareness places a lens on a long-ignored problem significantly impacting Indigenous Communities all over the country and today we at LWTech raise the banner of awareness with and in support of our Indigenous Community Members, Staff, Faculty and Students.

If you would like to learn more about the importance of this day and the impact on the Indigenous community, please feel free to learn more here<https://www.nativehope.org/missing-and-murdered-indigenous-women-mmiw>.

#WhyWeWearRed

Humbly,

[cid:image001.jpg at 01D86078.DBE72410]
Practical. Purposeful. Promising.
Robert Britten, Executive Director of EDI
W205C | 11605 132nd Avenue NE  |  Kirkland, WA 98034
T:  (425) 739-8100 X8441 |  robert.britten at lwtech.edu<mailto:robert.britten at lwtech.edu>