[DEOC] The Biweekly: AVC of EDI

Fisher, D'andre Dandre.Fisher at Seattlecolleges.edu
Wed May 4 08:32:41 PDT 2022

Thank you so much esteemed colleagues. This has been a very emotional and humbling week. Wow 🤩

I’m humbled by this opportunity with the community. I send my deepest gratitude to each of you for the unwavering support, thoughts, prayers, and positive energy throughout this whole process!  I say THANK YOU to the many of you whom made space for me to call on when I needed a shoulder to lean on, an ear just to listen, or just space to sit together. I’m forever grateful the kind actions. I must say, I’ve felt a since of guilt for my need to step back from the commission during the 5 months and 7 interviews (whew) So, for that I’m sorry and you can count on me to be back in full capacity in my role with the commission. Here to support and help as best as possible. I’m honored and humbled to work alongside the awesome Leaders of the commission! This was not a personal win but one for the WHOLE community and I’ll never forget that.

Peace and blessings to each of you and your families. ☮️
"Your power is relative, but it is real. And if you do not learn to use it, it will be used, against you, and me, and our children.” – beloved Audre Lorde

“Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced.”  ― beloved James Baldwin

D’Andre Fisher, M.Ed
associate Vice President
Equity, Diversity and Inclusion
diversity and equity officer🌈☮️
Pronouns: he, him, beloved (www.mypronouns.org<http://www.mypronouns.org/>)
📧Email: Dandre.Fisher at seattlecolleges.edu<mailto:Dandre.Fisher at seattlecolleges.edu>
North Seattle College- Changing Lives Through Education
Advancing Student Success | Excelling in Teaching & Learning | Building a Sustainable Community
9600 College Way N Seattle, WA 98103 Rm 2259D
(traditional land of first people of Seattle, the Duwamish People past and present)
In honor of North's 50 years of impact, donate to student scholarships. Give here<https://nam04.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Ffoundation.seattlecolleges.edu%2FNSC50&data=04%7C01%7C%7Ce8ba230f7c5b4a4f45d208d87cf98bef%7C02d8ff38d7114e31a9156cb5cff788df%7C0%7C0%7C637396758531546713%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C1000&sdata=cgG7kQaNWCQTA4N2b%2BowCdxgKOSjlPLDf7O%2B%2FHAIBA4%3D&reserved=0>.
[cid:image001.png at 01D85F8F.9C5E7DF0]
What is Guided Pathways?
Guided Pathways is a systemic institutional approach focused on closing equity gaps by providing a transparent, structured educational experience for students as they meet their educational requirements toward their chosen education or career path. Washington state has focused on grounding and growing this work through equity.

North Seattle College campus has moved to remote operations due to COVID-19. All should avoid campus during this time. Please see northseattle.edu/coronavirus<https://nam04.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fnorthseattle.edu%2Fcoronavirus&data=02%7C01%7C%7C8c4f4638cacb4490279708d7d003c907%7C02d8ff38d7114e31a9156cb5cff788df%7C0%7C0%7C637206586980944450&sdata=5jHQW6feY59HwLR2u%2BDhtLgatJkbUtE1cmN2p1MAv4I%3D&reserved=0> for the latest information.

This transmission is strictly confidential.  If you are not the intended recipient of this message, you may not disclose, print, copy, or disseminate this information.  If you have received this in error, please reply and notify the sender (only) and delete the message.