[DEOC] [EXTERNAL] Re: [External] Process

Britten, Robert Robert.Britten at lwtech.edu
Wed Dec 7 21:31:12 PST 2022

Thank you.  This is helpful.

Humbly,

Sent from my T-Mobile 5G Device

-------- Original message --------
From: Hannah Simonetti <hsimonetti at btc.edu>
Date: 12/7/22 2:47 PM (GMT-08:00)
To: "Diversity and Equity Officers Commission (DEOC)" <deoc at lists.ctc.edu>
Cc: "Britten, Robert" <Robert.Britten at lwtech.edu>
Subject: RE: [EXTERNAL] Re: [DEOC] [External] Process

EXTERNAL SENDER: Use caution with links and attachments
________________________________
Robert,
We currently offer this opportunity to our DEI Committee that is part of our shared governance process, we prioritize the student(s) on the committee and people who are presenting or have put in a presentation. We offer just to the committee because it has a representative makeup from across campus and are those making larger campus policy and procedural changes with a DEI focus.

At other schools I have been on we have had an application process where there is a selected group of people who are not applying approving applications. I have also seen a nomination process for folks to nominate people who are doing DEI work on campus that has a either nomination review or a lottery process.

[4de22e89-163e-41ec-94bd-566129b6e6a6]<https://linkprotect.cudasvc.com/url?a=https%3a%2f%2fwww.btc.edu%2f&c=E,1,d_h-1sK6_FknTtlp5T4ZovfFRdVfuNq7ZHnZ2AlqFCX2AvuqXC4amntFWh63YEl_tTvnzYY4FAJmo0LRW6AbMWmDV3e9op9RVSKzdaJwrNJR6Btou3w,&typo=1>하 나 Hannah  ( 수 희 Soo-Hee)  Simonetti (she/her/hers)
Director of Diversity Equity and Inclusion
Institutional Planning & Advancement
Bellingham Technical College<https://linkprotect.cudasvc.com/url?a=http%3a%2f%2fwww.btc.edu%2f&c=E,1,AAIx5vTRgL7XMZ5fckjYpR12WIqKOqO3G7nBNZxtc5BYuaQd03Y3P0KOuIGveAZQr2Vd7ryhFRafeRPRh62ZKNciOZN6ss-SNpd5stf0wZRwbIne6MOgLqT3AmPK&typo=1>
3028 Lindbergh Ave. | Bellingham, WA 98225
Call: 360.752.8377| Office: Morse Center 207
Mission: Bellingham Technical College provides student-centered,
high-quality professional technical education
for today’s needs and tomorrow’s opportunities.