[DEOC] Hi from Ha & Fin Aid racial equity audit workgroup

Ha Nguyen hnguyen at sbctc.edu
Thu Apr 14 12:59:42 PDT 2022

Hello, colleagues:
I hope your work week has been going well and you are enjoying the wild weather 😊
As you may know, the WACTC equity committee coordinated the racial equity reviews of Financial Aid policies in the last year. The implementation work has been delegated to the WACTC Education Services committee to include the formation of a workgroup to carry out the recommendations (see attached). They are hoping to include a DEO representative on this emerging workgroup.
Please let me know by Tuesday, April 19th, if anyone is interested and able to join this important work. Feel free to reach out to me if you have any questions.
Thank you!
Best,
Ha

[Compass]Ha T. Nguyen (she|her|hers)
Director|Equity, Diversity, & Inclusion
hnguyen at sbctc.edu<mailto:hnguyen at sbctc.edu> • o: 360-704-1001 • c: 253.279.4299
sbctc.edu<https://www.sbctc.edu/> • Twitter: @SBCTCWashington<https://twitter.com/SBCTCWashington> • Facebook: @WASBCTC<https://www.facebook.com/wasbctc/>
EDI at SBCTC<https://www.sbctc.edu/about/edi/>

SBCTC Vision
“Leading with racial equity, our colleges maximize student potential and transform lives
within a culture of belonging that advances racial, social, and economic justice
in service to our diverse communities.”