[ctcLinkfinaidsupport] Upcoming ctcLink Training Activities

Kelly Forsberg kforsberg at sbctc.edu
Tue Aug 9 13:06:22 PDT 2022

Good afternoon,

Now that all of our community and technical colleges are live on ctcLink, the Training Team will begin offering various training opportunities on a regular basis throughout the coming year. We are currently building out a schedule that will incorporate pillar-specific Work Sessions as well as numerous training activities. Because the favorable mode of communication has proven to be the various listservs available, we will continue to communicate upcoming training opportunities and Work Sessions in this manner.

To ensure any communications regarding our training opportunities will be received by the appropriate parties, we request that all staff be enrolled in their aligned listserv group(s).

Also, to allow for adequate planning, included below are the links to the College System & SBCTC Calendar of events for upcoming training activities and work sessions.

  *   Campus Solutions Core<https://www.sbctc.edu/calendar.aspx?trumbaEmbed=filterview%3DCSCoreTraining>
  *   Finance<https://www.sbctc.edu/calendar.aspx?trumbaEmbed=filterview%3DFINTraining>
  *   Financial Aid<https://www.sbctc.edu/calendar.aspx?trumbaEmbed=filterview%3DFINAidTraining>
  *   Human Capital Management<https://www.sbctc.edu/calendar.aspx?trumbaEmbed=filterview%3DHCMTraining>
  *   Reporting<https://www.sbctc.edu/calendar.aspx?trumbaEmbed=filterview%3DReportingTraining>
  *   Student Financials<https://www.sbctc.edu/calendar.aspx?trumbaEmbed=filterview%3DSFTraining>

To access other pillar area work session activities, select the "Clear" hyperlink in the upper left corner of the calendar results window. Then, using the checkboxes in the right-hand calendar filter checkboxes, select the pillar specific area you wish to view.

The work session recordings and slide decks will be posted to the ctcLink Pillar Work Session Information<https://sbctc.instructure.com/courses/2056628> Canvas course.

Most training sessions will be recorded and added to the aligned Canvas course under the Additional Resources module. Please note, in order to access training recordings, the specific aligned Canvas course(s) must be completed.

In the Canvas courses, you can explore topics and/or refresh your memory with previously recorded work sessions or training session recordings. If you are not currently enrolled in a particular course, you will receive an access denied message. You can register for the course(s) at the ctcLink Training Registration page<https://www.sbctc.edu/colleges-staff/it-support/ctclink/ctclink-training-registration.aspx>, but you will need to progress through the entire training course before you are able to access the Additional Resources module.

Regards,

[Compass]Gretchen Fulmer
Associate Director of Training
gfulmer at sbctc.edu<mailto:gfulmer at sbctc.edu> | 360.704.1048