[ctcLinkfinaidsupport] Loan Debt Letters: Even Year and Odd Year

Deborah Englehardt denglehardt at sbctc.edu
Fri Jul 2 08:15:07 PDT 2021

Good morning and Happy Friday!

All the ctcLink colleges only had one Loan Debt Letter in the system to use but section 7 of RCW 28B.10.285 states: Educational institutions must begin providing the notification required under subsection (2) of this section by July 1, 2018, each time a financial aid package that includes a new or revised student education loan is offered to the student.

We've created one more Loan Debt Letter for each college so that during periods when you're finishing up one aid year and awarding an upcoming aid year, you'll be able to send out Loan Debt Letters to both populations.

When you go into your Run Control ID for sending Loan Debt Letters, you will now have two options under the Letter dropdown menu.

Note: EY is for Even Year and OY is for Odd Year.

[cid:3209bcc1-ba3c-4b74-8808-be939b10f646]

What are the differences in the two letters?
The Even Year Loan Debt Letters have 2021-2022 in the text and the links to the DOE sites have been updated to the new ones.
The Odd Year Loan Debt Letters have 2020-2021 and the links to the DOE sites are still the old ones. I didn't want to change the template while you're still using them.
**DG4 colleges - I went ahead and put 2022-2023 and updated the links for your Odd Year letters so that you're ready to go for next year 🙂

[cid:172f0295-8c63-43fc-a36a-7b3502331ed6]

Information about sending out the Loan Debt Letters can be found in the Loan Processing Guide under the Loan Debt Letter section.

Loan Processing Business Process Guide | 9.2 FA - Financial Aid Business Process Guides | ctcLink Reference Center<http://ctclinkreferencecenter.ctclink.us/m/92436/l/798572-loan-processing-business-process-guide>

Thank you,

[Compass]Deborah Englehardt

Functional Analyst, Campus Solutions (Financial Aid)

1300 Quince Street SE

Olympia, WA 98504-2495

denglehardt at sbctc.edu<mailto:denglehardt at sbctc.edu> • O: 360-704-3979

sbctc.edu<https://www.sbctc.edu/> • Twitter: @SBCTCWashington<https://twitter.com/SBCTCWashington> • Facebook: @WASBCTC<https://www.facebook.com/wasbctc/>