[CTCLDA] The CTCLDA and its Plans for the Next Year

Chance Stewart cstewart at sbctc.edu
Wed Jun 26 15:57:55 PDT 2019

Good afternoon CTCLDA members,

It is with great pride and sadness that I am messaging you this afternoon.

The CTCLDA has been a place for personal and professional development in the Washington CTC system since 1982. The populations that the Washington CTC system serves has drastically changed and the system itself has changed dramatically in the past 37 years. This means that continuous training and development has been vital to the success of our colleges and staff. The nature of this development has also changed. There a number of amazing new professional development groups in the system that are supporting the staff, faculty, and administrators in Washington.

With this in mind, the CTCLDA is going to go on a year long hiatus starting July 1st. During this time there will be discussion around the programming that the CTCLDA has offered in the past and what professional development opportunities will be needed in the future.

The CTCLDA has had a huge impact on the shape of the system. This has been one of the few places that individuals could come together from across the state regardless of their discipline, the divisions that they worked for, or their place upon an organizational chart. The conferences have been a huge source of success for the knowledge we have gained and the networking opportunities that they provided. Many individuals have come to me and expressed how their conversations at an event lead them to their next position.

During the hiatus, the position of Executive Director will be left empty. I have enjoyed my time as Interim Executive Director and I appreciated the opportunity to serve the system that has given me so much. I will continue to work as an adjunct faculty member and offering leadership development trainings.

If there are any questions that I can answer, please let me know this week and I will get back to you as long as I have access to this email address.

Thanks again for the amazing year and I will see you around!

Chance Stewart MA

Interim Executive Director

CTC Leadership Development Association

cstewart at sbctc.edu