[Ctclda] Sign up Now: Teaching Essentials: Skills for the 21st Century

Falconer, Liz efalconer at RTC.edu
Tue Sep 19 10:48:30 PDT 2017

Teaching Essentials: Skills for the 21st Century
[https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/ds6jEqJFFCSF4ln38K6QPapAvwyttiVkhl9J3cBo2Vdb2_DH6BtYYpKdN_bqvXG-WHuLWOeaf6tY0UTnwdpma1gbrlDZa3KP-xd9qLvbIlUPpuQPNdovECFmeKuxXKJs6q5RY0sx]
NEW!  This online four-course series gives those interested in teaching as well as faculty that come from the field with little or no teaching experience, the tools to be prepared to meet and engage students where they are. There are no textbook costs for this online program. It results in a 12-credit short-term Teaching Essentials Certificate.

"I had little teaching experience. This not only got me on my feet, it propelled me forward into becoming the kind of teacher that can help my students succeed."

-       Graduate of the pilot program

Further information, short video, and registration links:  http://rtc.edu/teaching-essentials

Teaching Essentials Certificate Program Outcomes:
1.    Organize and facilitate various learning spaces.
2.    Implement appropriate instructional methodologies.
3.    Assist and assess diverse learners.
4.    Utilize the internet as a learning tool and collaborative platform for continued learning.

Sign up now for Fall Quarter! Teaching Essentials Course Series:

Fall Quarter:

  1.  EDUC 200 W750 Introduction to Professional -Technical Instruction (3 credits) Oct 4 - Nov 1
  2.  EDUC 231 W752 Managing the Learning Environment (3 credits) Nov 8 - Dec. 6

Winter Quarter:

  1.  EDUC 170  W754 Technology for Teaching and Learning (3 credits)Jan. 17 - Feb. 14
  2.  EDUC 282 W756   Integrating Cultural Diversity into the Curriculum Feb 21 - March 21

[RTC new logo email signature.jpg]
Questions? Contact Dr. Liz Falconer, Director of Innovative Teaching and Learning, lfalconer at rtc.edu<mailto:lfalconer at rtc.edu>