[CTCAccess] STEM-centric version of Accessibility 101

Jess Thompson jess.thompson at sbctc.edu
Tue Sep 4 09:26:04 PDT 2018

Please share with faculty in the STEM fields:

SBCTC is offering a STEM-centric version of Accessibility 101
Oct 8, 2018 – Nov 4, 2018!

This course will cover everything from Accessibility 101, but will have an increased focus on creating STEM content. Specifically, we’ll be going over the ways that STEM content is different and a bit more challenging when it comes to accessibility. We’ll also introduce participants to some basic or reputable STEM content tools (LaTeX, MathType, etc.).

Perhaps most importantly, one of the facilitators of this session will be the magnificent Krista Greear. An enthusiastic, data-driven individual, Krista is passionate about inclusivity. With 10 years of experience in higher education accessibility, Krista’s focus is to accelerate the educational landscape regarding digital content.

The CTC system is incredibly fortunate for Krista’s willingness to take time out of her busy, schedule as an accessibility consultant to offer her expert guidance to our STEM faculty. This is a rare opportunity to learn from someone so knowledgeable of accessibility in the STEM fields.

Please note, registration for this session is a bit different. Priority will be given to STEM faculty and people that create STEM content. Sign up using the link to a Google Survey below. You will receive an email once your registration has been confirmed.

Register now for the STEM-centric version of Accessibility 101!<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdezRZDCKM2NDw8n5ckUuXoiD4yILEpUwY53lS5W1-lkEkMQA/viewform?usp=sf_link>

Jess Thompson
Program Administrator, Accessible Technology Initiatives
p: 360.704.4327 | c: 253.229.8591
Current Projects<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1KXjxctpTAa2R06iRksMrjaeiCkphAJzqkwX-awvJh9g/edit?usp=sharing> | AccessWA Blog<https://accesswa.blog> <https://docs.google.com/document/d/1KXjxctpTAa2R06iRksMrjaeiCkphAJzqkwX-awvJh9g/edit?usp=sharing>

Keep in the accessibility loop by joining the CTC Accessibility listserv<https://goo.gl/forms/CP1GHPl6Pe1ipD6q1>!