[CATO] Red Text on ctcLink Homepage

Monica Olsson molsson at sbctc.edu
Thu May 11 14:40:16 PDT 2023

Hi Amy,

I'm sorry the tone of the email reply you received from SBCTC hit you the wrong way.

I am not an expert in color blindness by any means, though if someone is color-blind to red, the words of the text itself I believe would likely still be perceivable...just not perceived in the color red. In other words, I don't think someone with color-blindness would see no text on the screen.

With that said, I can reach out to Support Rep and ask for a section heading to be added to the alert and see if the team would consider using another color instead of red. Would you privately message me with information about who you spoke with?

[Title: SBCTC logo - Description: Compass]

Monica M. Olsson (she/her/hers)

Policy Associate – Accessible IT Coordinator

•Email: molsson at sbctc.edu<mailto:molsson at sbctc.edu> • Phone: 360-704-3922

The power of the Web is in its universality.
Access by everyone regardless of disability is an essential aspect.

Tim Berners-Lee, W3C Director and inventor of the World Wide Web