[CATO] Announcement: 7 Teams accepted into the WA Lab and notices will go out today

Monica Olsson molsson at sbctc.edu
Fri Jan 27 09:41:49 PST 2023

Hi CATO,

The selection team met yesterday and had a great discussion reviewing all applications for the 2023 Web Accessibility Learning Lab. I will send out official notifications to all teams today, but we wanted to share the news with CATO first to keep everyone in the loop. Please do not share this information out yet!

The following 7 teams are accepted to this year's cohort

  1.  Bellingham Tech - 5 team members
  2.  Lake WA Tech - 8 team members
  3.  Olympic College - 5 team members
  4.  Peninsula College - 6 team members
  5.  Renton Tech - 5 team members
  6.  SPSCC - 4 team members
  7.  SBCTC - 7 team members

The following 5 teams were not accepted to this year's cohort

  1.  Clover Park Technical
  2.  Everett Community College
  3.  Grays Harbor
  4.  Seattle Colleges
  5.  Tacoma Community College

The following CATO members are confirmed presenters

  1.  Monica Olsson
  2.  Zach Lattin
  3.  Dough Hayman
  4.  Ward Naf

Thanks!

[Title: SBCTC logo - Description: Compass]

Monica M. Olsson (she/her/hers)

Policy Associate – Accessible IT Coordinator

•Email: molsson at sbctc.edu<mailto:molsson at sbctc.edu> • Phone: 360-704-3922

The power of the Web is in its universality.
Access by everyone regardless of disability is an essential aspect.

Tim Berners-Lee, W3C Director and inventor of the World Wide Web

[cid:2c95b368-df8d-4391-879b-7cff375bc151]<https://outlook.office.com/bookwithme/user/321a279c65664c04a18fa34a96e959ab@sbctc.edu?anonymous&ep=signature>                Book time to meet with me<https://outlook.office.com/bookwithme/user/321a279c65664c04a18fa34a96e959ab@sbctc.edu?anonymous&ep=signature>