[CATO] REQUEST: Seeking RFI/RFP collaborators as the college system selects a new diagramming tool. Reply by Oct. 7

Andy Duckworth aduckworth at sbctc.edu
Mon Oct 3 09:03:18 PDT 2022

Greetings CATO!

The Washington State Board for Community and Technical Colleges (SBCTC) IT Division seeks systemwide collaborators to participate in an upcoming Diagramming Tool RFI/RFP project.

Background

In 2016, SBCTC licensed Lucidchart for the college system to aid in diagramming ctcLink business processes.  At that time, 1,000 licenses were allocated to the college system and SBCTC staff.

With the conclusion of the ctcLink Project — and due to substantial price increases — SBCTC reduced Lucidchart licenses from 1,000 to 120 when renewing the contract for 2022-2023.

Diagramming Tool RFI/RFP Project

SBCTC will conduct a Request for Information (RFI) for a potential diagramming tool replacement and, eventually, a Request for Proposals (RFP) to develop an optional use contract for the colleges.

How to Get Involved

We are looking for collaborators from the system as we embark on this process; especially those with an interest or background in data visualization such as process flowcharts and diagrams, including linking data to shapes, creating organizational charts, mapping network or website architecture, and more.

  *   Participate in the RFI and/or RFP group, and/or

  *   Respond to requests for input to aid in the development of questions for vendors and application requirements

 Targeted Timeline

  *   RFI completion by late November or early December 2022

  *   RFP completion by late April or early May 2022

Time commitment

During the RFI phase, we estimate three or four meetings over two months, with the first meeting to be held in mid to late October 2022.

During the RFP phase (after the new year), we expect several meetings to agree upon product requirements, followed by multiple vendor demos in the spring; however, the meeting structure and schedule are yet to be determined.

If you are interested in collaborating in this systemwide project, please complete the Diagramming Tool RFI/RFP Collaboration form<https://forms.office.com/Pages/ResponsePage.aspx?id=ldeuR3W5mUCbNzejpAARmRl_mcwAwSlEvPaAkyg0-zlUQzBPVzhJWE1SUjIwTkFOMDJVVTYxMFBPQi4u> by Friday, October 7, 2022.

Thank you for your time and interest. Please reach out if you have any questions.

Andy Duckworth (he|him)

Technology Innovation Officer

(360) 704-4311  aduckworth at sbctc.edu

Book<https://outlook.office365.com/owa/calendar/MeetingwithAndy@sbctcedu.onmicrosoft.com/bookings/s/fpWrv66peEaCj_3Ri_JTEg2> a meeting with me