[Cato] FW: New Data: Pressbooks Webinar on Accessibility and Institutional buy-In

Mark Jenkins mjenkins at sbctc.edu
Thu Feb 4 13:12:55 PST 2021

Hi all,

Please share to any system or local network or list that might be interested.

As rumored, SBCTC has recently signed a contract with Pressbooks. This is a one-year contract purchased for our use as a trial. There was no intention on our part for this to be a system-tool at this time and we are not endorsing it as such.

However, a few colleges have been looking into purchasing Pressbooks on their own and wanted to know if it's possible to buy under the SBCTC contract through WIPHE.   We've also received inquiries about Pressbooks' accessibility measures.

To that end, Pressbooks' staff are offering a private webinar for Washington's CTC that focuses on

  *   Accessibility measures of Pressbooks
  *   Discussion of SBCTC's institutional buy-ins (this is also a chance to offer feedback to Pressbooks on accessibility, so bring all of your questions and feedback)

Meeting details:

  *   When: Mon Feb 22, 2021, 2021 at 1pm - 2pm Pacific Time
  *   Joining by computer: us02web.zoom.us/j/81671675792 (ID: 81671675792)
  *   Joining by phone: (US) +1 253-215-8782

Let me know if you have any questions!
Boyoung

[sbctc logo]Boyoung Chae, Ph.D.
Pronouns: she, her, hers
Policy Associate, Educational Technology & Open Education
Openwa.org<openwa.org> | OER & Low-Cost Label<https://www.sbctc.edu/colleges-staff/programs-services/educational-technology-open-education/oer-low-cost-label-implementation.aspx>
bchae at sbctc.edu<mailto:bchae at sbctc.edu> |360-628-3549
Texts Welcome!