[Cato] ACT requirements doc

Jess Thompson jess.thompson at sbctc.edu
Wed Jan 24 21:34:19 PST 2018

Suggestion: I would like to add a function to upload product roadmaps or type in updates or vendor responses somewhere other than the executive summary. Either have the reviewer, tester, and admin do it or perhaps create a vendor role (as discussed).

I'd also like a text entry section for "known/suggested workarounds" -- sort of like UC Boluder does it.

I would also recommend replacing Policy 188 with WCAG 2.0AA (since those are the 188 standards and more universally recognized).

Notes from our meeting (thanks, Amy!!):

  *   Ideas/Suggestions

     *   Add a vendor role??  Or at least a contact line, “if you are a vendor and would like your product test, please contact…”  Perhaps a note: “Nothing will be tested unless there is an active user…”

        *   Notify vendors of posting (marketing potential for company)

        *   Offer Appeal Process

        *   Here are results and here is vendor’s response (roadmap) - let them participate

           *   GIve them the ability to highlight when they make improvements in a newer version?

        *   Ward - build so vendors can view their products, add comments, not open initially - but built in so can launch when needed.

           *   Who sees it?  Just trusted testers? Etc.?

     *   EDUCAUSE what the standards are so all vendors can design to the same standards (WCAG 2.0 AA?)

     *   For credibility - want partnership with WebAim (accessibility guru) or WCET (policy, rep in DC) for trusted tester training/consultant to show credible

     *   CATO act as beta User testers

        *   WCAG AAA (required by Ward)

        *   Accessible AND usable

     *   Consider scaling

     *   Quick review option for when considering software purchase?

Jess Thompson
Program Administrator, Accessible Technology Initiatives
p: 360.704.4327 | c: 253.229.8591
Current Projects<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1KXjxctpTAa2R06iRksMrjaeiCkphAJzqkwX-awvJh9g/edit?usp=sharing> | AccessWA Blog<https://accesswa.blog> <https://docs.google.com/document/d/1KXjxctpTAa2R06iRksMrjaeiCkphAJzqkwX-awvJh9g/edit?usp=sharing>

Keep in the accessibility loop by joining the CTC Accessibility listserv<https://goo.gl/forms/CP1GHPl6Pe1ipD6q1>!