[Cato] HRMC

Jess Thompson jess.thompson at sbctc.edu
Fri Feb 2 10:59:28 PST 2018

Hello!

Ok, notes from HRMC: -- not all related to our models, but...

*       Question about who's liable when a vendor's product isn't accessible
*       Request for language to add to job descriptions (Whatcom offered to share)
*       Question about how to integrate training into on-boarding - asked full group if anyone did that (no response)
*       Question about how many folks would staff an Accessible Tech Service Center
*       Question about how to get a read on what tech folks (mainly faculty) are using when it's free and therefore not part of the purchasing process, how do we overcome not knowing what's in use?
*       Comment from Walla Walla: as a small school, the Service Center appeals because their folks are already wearing multiple hats and it doesn't seem feasible to have someone who could dedicate time to becoming a trusted tester - and concern around when someone with that expertise leave, the knowledge goes with them - would prefer a spot that they could call on for input, resources, etc.

I think that's all of the questions/comments.

Jess

Jess Thompson
Program Administrator, Accessible Technology Initiatives
1300 Quince St SE | PO Box 42495 | Olympia, WA 98504
p: 360.704.4327|c: 253.229.8591
jess.thompson at sbctc.edu<mailto:jess.thompson at sbctc.edu> | www.sbctc.edu<http://www.sbctc.edu/> |https://accesswa.blog/
Current Projects<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1KXjxctpTAa2R06iRksMrjaeiCkphAJzqkwX-awvJh9g/edit?usp=sharing>

Keep in the accessibility loop by joining the CTC Accessibility listserv<https://goo.gl/forms/CP1GHPl6Pe1ipD6q1>!