[Cato] Building Bridges Conference

Jess Thompson jess.thompson at sbctc.edu
Thu Jan 12 10:14:51 PST 2017

Hi everyone,

Since there's a bit of buzz and maybe some confusion about CATO around the system, Karen and I were talking about submitting a proposal for the Building Bridges<http://www.buildingbridgeswatech.com/> conference in March (16th and 17th in Spokane). We thought the conference might be a good opportunity to "introduce" CATO to a larger group of faculty and staff from around our system and clarify CATOs work/role (yes, something we, as CATO, are also working on and I hope will accomplish at the Winter meeting...).

I thought it'd be great to add in a few more voices or have any of you attending Bridges to at least be present in the session (should it be accepted) so that we can introduce the crew.

Here's a rough draft of the session description we pulled together (for a short 25 min session, but we could put in for a 50 min session if enough folks want to participate):

Title: Introducing CATO -- snazzier suggestions are welcome!

Description: The Committee for Accessible Technology Oversight (CATO) came about in response to the State Board approving the Accessible Technology policy (3.20.30B). Attend this session to learn about the work that CATO has and will continue to do to support colleges as they develop and implement institutional accessibility policies. Presenters will discuss their role and talk briefly about how accessibility is being address/discussed in their council/commission, and how the council/commission work reaches/impacts the individual colleges

Let me know if you're interested in co-presenting.

Jess Thompson
Program Administrator, eLearning & Open Education
1300 Quince St SE | PO Box 42495 | Olympia, WA 98504
p: 360.704.4327|c: 253.229.8591
jess.thompson at sbctc.edu<mailto:jess.thompson at sbctc.edu> | www.sbctc.edu<http://www.sbctc.edu/>