[Cato] usability testing

Jess Thompson jess.thompson at sbctc.edu
Wed Oct 5 14:31:40 PDT 2016

Hi all,

Testing out the CATO listserv... I just got off of the phone with WaTech's usability person. Good news. They offer a service where they'll check websites (a selection of your template pages: home page, landing page, any pages with dynamic content, forms, etc) for about $1,000 - 2,000 (not bad!).  They also provide this service if you're procuring technology and want to test it against various assistive technologies.

They can offer more extensive usability testing, where they go into the field and have people with disabilities evaluate websites/applications, but that runs $10,000 - 12,000.

They should be sending me a one-pager in a bit and I'll share that in Basecamp.  In the meantime, great news to share if anyone is stressed about how/where to go to find out if the college website or applications are not accessible.

Great seeing/meeting/hearing you all on Monday,
Jess

Jess Thompson
Program Administrator, eLearning & Open Education
1300 Quince St SE | PO Box 42495 | Olympia, WA 98504
p: 360.704.4327|c: 253.229.8591
jess.thompson at sbctc.edu<mailto:jess.thompson at sbctc.edu> | www.sbctc.edu<http://www.sbctc.edu/>