[Cato] Nov 9 Webinar Recording & Materials

Jess Thompson jess.thompson at sbctc.edu
Wed Nov 9 15:36:15 PST 2016

I want to think everyone again for attending today's webinar. Hopefully you found it helpful, even if a little overwhelming. We're happy to take additional questions, and if you have questions for Ryan at WaTech, his email is ryan.leisinger at watech.wa.gov.

Below are the links to the webinar recording and webinar materials. Please pass them along to those that were in attendance or those that were unable to attend, but would like this info. (CATO members, feel free to forward to your councils/commissions.)

Webinar Recording: Nov Webinar - recording_1<https://us.bbcollab.com/recording/7C5A098C932C6CFC29601645ED876747> -- I'll see if I can get the recording out of Collaborate to caption it.

Webinar Materials:

  *   The slideshow<http://bit.ly/ATwebinar119> - additional links to the policies and other materials are in the slide deck and notes section of the slides.
  *   Example policy language<http://bit.ly/ATPolicy>
  *   The survey questions<http://bit.ly/119webinar>
  *   The survey<http://bit.ly/119webinar-survey> - please try to have this completed by the middle of next week, thanks!

Thanks again for your attendance and work on this. We look forward to reviewing your survey responses in order to better determine how we can support your college's efforts to achieve compliance.

Cheers,

Jess

Jess Thompson
Program Administrator, eLearning & Open Education
1300 Quince St SE | PO Box 42495 | Olympia, WA 98504
p: 360.704.4327|c: 253.229.8591
jess.thompson at sbctc.edu<mailto:jess.thompson at sbctc.edu> | www.sbctc.edu<http://www.sbctc.edu/>

________________________________

Please join us for a webinar to discuss the recently approved state Accessible Technology policies: SBCTC 3.20.30B<https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BxuYpxi2tEpdVFFKMjZ5OElFYVU> and WaTech 188<https://ocio.wa.gov/policies/policy-188-accessibility>.

Who: Ryan Leisinger (WaTech), Wendy Wickstrom (WaTech), Mark Jenkins (SBCTC), and Jess Thompson (SBCTC)

What: This webinar will address the background, intent, and scope of both policies.

Why: There's been a bit of confusion, mixed with a sense of urgency, mixed with a few cries of "Why me?" - we want to offer some clarification and guidance.

When: Wednesday, November 9th, 1:00 - 2:30pm*

Where: Blackboard Collaborate<https://us.bbcollab.com/collab/ui/session/guest/44544C8519643F9B53A334F6F17242C1> (click on that link to join the day of the webinar)

How: We would like college representatives from IT, Disability Support Services, eLearning, IC, Public Information/Communications and anyone else interested in attending the webinar together - in the same room, around the same table. We will have some talking points that we would encourage you to discuss as a group following the webinar.

*The webinar will be recorded.

If you need any accommodations for the webinar, please contact Jess Thompson (jess.thompson at sbctc.edu<mailto:jess.thompson at sbctc.edu>).

You're receiving this message because you're a member of the eLearning | open ed<https://outlook.office365.com/owa/elearningopened@sbctcedu.onmicrosoft.com/groupsubscription.ashx?realm=sbctcedu.onmicrosoft.com&source=EscalatedMessage&action=conversations> group. If you don't want to receive messages from this group, unsubscribe<https://outlook.office365.com/owa/elearningopened@sbctcedu.onmicrosoft.com/groupsubscription.ashx?realm=sbctcedu.onmicrosoft.com&source=EscalatedMessage&action=unsubscribe>.

View group conversations<https://outlook.office365.com/owa/elearningopened@sbctcedu.onmicrosoft.com/groupsubscription.ashx?realm=sbctcedu.onmicrosoft.com&source=EscalatedMessage&action=conversations>    |    View group files<https://outlook.office365.com/owa/elearningopened@sbctcedu.onmicrosoft.com/groupsubscription.ashx?realm=sbctcedu.onmicrosoft.com&source=EscalatedMessage&action=files>