[Cato] WaTech Policy 188

Jess Thompson jess.thompson at sbctc.edu
Tue Aug 23 14:18:16 PDT 2016

Hi all,

Questions are floating around about the WaTech Policy 188<https://ocio.wa.gov/policies/policy-188-accessibility?utm_medium=email&utm_source=govdelivery> on Accessible Technology. It might be a good idea for you all to review WaTech's Policy 101<https://ocio.wa.gov/policies/101-technology-policies-and-standards> about the scope of WaTech's technology policies in order to clarify your institution's relationship to WaTech.

In short, the new policy does impact SBCTC as an agency. Mark Jenkins and myself had a meeting with the author of WaTech's policy last week and are working with others in our agency to better define the implications of this policy on the institutions and how we can leverage SBCTC's (more explicit) relationship with WaTech to access resources and services that result from this policy.

Our best guide to how these policies apply to colleges is in Policy 101<https://ocio.wa.gov/policies/101-technology-policies-and-standards>, but we'll continue to monitor how and where the policy is being applied.

Jess (and Mark)

Jess Thompson
Program Administrator, eLearning & Open Education
1300 Quince St SE | PO Box 42495 | Olympia, WA 98504
p: 360.704.4327|c: 253.229.8591
jess.thompson at sbctc.edu<mailto:jess.thompson at sbctc.edu> | www.sbctc.edu<http://www.sbctc.edu/>