[BLC] BLC leadership opportunities

Connie Smejkal connie.smejkal at centralia.edu
Thu Mar 3 13:22:36 PST 2022

Good Afternoon,

The BLC Executive Committee is currently accepting nominations for the following positions on our executive membership team. We will be voting on the positions in our spring quarter business meeting on April 20th. Please send nominations directly to Connie Smejkal. Remember, you can nominate yourself or others.

Vice-Chair. This role moves from vice-chair to chair at the end of the vice-chair term. Some of the responsibilities of the vice-chair include:

  *   Attending quarterly executive committee meetings & BLC meetings
  *   Help with technology during meetings
  *   Monitor chat in virtual meeting space
  *   Attend IC meetings as needed
  *   Lead meetings in the absence of the chair

Secretary. This role serves a two-year term. The primary responsibilities include:

  *   Attending quarterly executive committee meetings & BLC meetings
  *   Take minutes during meetings
  *   Check voting members for a quorum at business meetings
  *   Work with SBCTC to keep the webpages updated

Member at Large. This role serves a two-year term. The primary responsibilities include:

  *   Attending the quarterly executive committee meetings & BLC meetings
  *   Facilitate the program management discussion at general membership meetings

If you have any questions or would like more information on any of the positions, please let me know.

Connie Smejkal
BLC Chair
360-623-8615
Connie.smejkal at centralia.edu<mailto:Connie.smejkal at centralia.edu>