[BLC] Bachelor's Degree Statements of Need

Valerie Sundby vsundby at sbctc.edu
Thu Dec 15 09:40:28 PST 2022

Good morning, ATC, BLC, and WEC,

Please find attached to this email seven Statements of Need for new proposed bachelor's degree programs in our system. The goal of sharing these broadly within our system at the same time they are shared with our four-year partners is to allow you all to see the fantastic work of your colleagues, bring awareness to the expanding list of opportunities for students, and create an opportunity for you to provide input and feedback that can help to shape the collective work of our system.

The current Statements of Need under 30-day review include:

  *   Clark College - Bachelor of Science in Computer Science
  *   Clover Park Technical College - Bachelor of Applied Science in Environmental Sciences
  *   Olympic College - Bachelor of Applied Science in Behavioral Healthcare
  *   Peninsula College - Bachelor of Applied Science in Behavioral Healthcare
  *   Spokane Community College - Bachelor of Applied Science in DevOps Engineering
  *   South Puget Sound Community College and Grays Harbor College - Bachelor of Science in Computer Science
  *   Skagit Valley College - Bachelor of Applied Science in Early Childhood Education

To align with our deadline for the upcoming State Board meeting, please provide your feedback by Monday, January 16.

If questions or concerns arise that are more global in nature, are not able to be resolved at the institution level, or are related to the overall process, please feel free to reach out to me.

Thank you in advance for your contributions to this process.

Best,
Val

[Title: SBCTC logo - Description: Compass]
Valerie Sundby, Ed.D.
Director of Transfer
vsundby at sbctc.edu<mailto:vsundby at sbctc.edu> * o: 360-704-4338 * c: 360-972-0872