[BLC] Governor's proclamation on new restrictions to mitigate increased COVID rates

Jamilyn Penn jpenn at sbctc.edu
Mon Nov 16 08:05:29 PST 2020

This email was distributed to SBCTC presidents and chancellors by Jan Yoshiwara and will be broadly distributed to the college system.

Presidents and chancellors,

Today the governor announced new statewide restrictions effective through December 14, to mitigate rapidly increasing COVID infection rates.  More information can be found at this link:  https://www.governor.wa.gov/sites/default/files/proclamations/COVID%2019%20November%20Statewide%20Restrictions.pdf

At this time we think higher education instruction is exempt from these new restrictions and can continue to follow the higher education reopening requirements that you have been following since June.  We are working to confirm this.

There may be requirements for some activities listed in the new guidance that will apply to similar activities at the colleges.  We are confirming those assumptions and will be updating and sending that clarification to colleges in a revised FAQ in the next few days.

Please don't hesitate to contact Carli Schiffner or Laura McDowell if you have questions.

[Compass]Jan Yoshiwara
Executive Director
jyoshiwara at sbctc.edu<mailto:jyoshiwara at sbctc.edu> * o: 360-704-4355