[BLC] FW: BLC Equity Subcommittee Survey - Assistance with Dispersing Please

Joyce Hammer jhammer at sbctc.edu
Wed Mar 6 11:53:31 PST 2019

Greetings!

Please read the below and complete the short survey developed by the Baccalaureate Leadership Council Equity Subcommittee.  Examining our policies and procedures around equity and inclusion is paramount to the work we are doing with our applied baccalaureate degrees especially as we embark on our next 100 programs! If you have any questions, please contact Teresa Lin whose contact information is listed at the end of the email.

Thanks in advance for your support and to the subcommittee for their great work and leadership!

Joyce

Joyce D. Hammer, Ph.D.
Director of Transfer Education
jhammer at sbctc.edu<mailto:jhammer at sbctc.edu>

Hi All,

In an effort to improve equitable and inclusive practice throughout our Bachelor of Applied Science (BAS) degree programs in Washington State, the Baccalaureate Leadership Council (BLC) Equity Subcommittee was formed to address these needs and to work towards statewide goals. The BLC Equity Subcommittee has created a short survey<https://goo.gl/forms/BTaV0wnmucKjQtmD3> to gather data on current equitable and inclusive practices, desired professional development opportunities, and the demographics of BAS faculty and staff. Completion of this survey is voluntary and all results will be kept anonymous. Survey results will be used as guidance in the development of new strategies and best practices to better serve historically underserved populations in BAS programs across Washington State.

The BLC Equity Subcommittee encourages you to complete this survey and pass it on to all staff and faculty on your campus affiliated with BAS programs to complete as well. This survey is not for students. The first round of responses will be reviewed at the end of March 2019, and will continue to be reviewed afterwards.

Survey of Equity and Inclusion within Bachelor of Applied Science degrees in Washington State<https://goo.gl/forms/BTaV0wnmucKjQtmD3>

Thank you for your time and consideration,
BLC Equity Subcommittee

Teresa Lin, MSW
Child, Youth, and Family Studies
BAS Program Manager