[BLC] Proposal Process Update

Joyce Hammer jhammer at sbctc.edu
Fri Oct 19 17:25:14 PDT 2018

Greetings and Happy Friday!
This email is a friendly reminder that if you are planning to submit a Statement of Need or Proposal to the February 6-7, 2019 State Board meeting, the deadlines are as follows and posted on our website<https://www.sbctc.edu/colleges-staff/programs-services/applied-baccalaureates/bachelors-program-approval-application.aspx>:

BAS Statement of Need:

November 1, 2018 - Statement of Need due to SBCTC staff for February board meeting consideration.

*       November 28, 2018 - colleges receive SBCTC feedback for revisions.

*       December 18, 2018 (or earlier) - Statement of Need placed on 30-day review after college revisions and SBCTC staff final review.

BAS Program Proposal:

November 20, 2018 - Program Proposal due to SBCTC staff within 12 months of SBCTC receiving the Statement of Need.

*       January 15, 2019 - Program Proposal reviewed by committee of peers (if applicable) on or before this date.

Also, please note that the main change to the process this year is that each Washington public baccalaureate institution has a BAS administrative contact posted on the SBCTC website (and also attached) who needs to be contacted when soliciting an expert reviewer at their university.  This change is in order to help the universities with their internal communication structure. The updated form will be going to the Baccalaureate Leadership Council for approval at the November 15, 2018 meeting but I have attached it for your reference.

Joyce

Joyce D. Hammer, Ph.D.
Director of Transfer Education
P.O. Box 42495