[BLC] Online BAS Application
Anna.Baldwin at seattlecolleges.edu
Tue Aug 28 14:42:17 PDT 2018
As you probably remember, we have had a handful of conversations over the past year regarding Seattle Colleges' new(ish) Online BAS Application. We did a few demos of it a while back and received some interest from other colleges in expanding the tool such that it can be used statewide. We developed this short survey <https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSc9VGluF7TchrX3yqTgxkA0M0CRLseb5SxTeCXoi14WmWe9qw/viewform?usp=sf_link> to gauge your college's interest in adopting the application. It should only take 2 or 3 minutes to complete. If you can fill out the survey by Friday, September 7, I would greatly appreciate it.
The CTCLink team is concurrently working on development of a "special admissions" application that will likely meet many of our BAS needs also. However, I have heard from several colleges that the timeline of CTCLink implementation leaves them needing an online application solution in the interim. It would remain to be seen how much (if at all) the Seattle Colleges application system would integrate with the CTCLink system over the long term, so want to be upfront about that!
Since it has been a while, here is a quick rundown of some of the features of the application:
* A set of modules such as education history, letters of recommendation, personal statement and more that can be tailored or omitted to meet the needs of each program.
* Fully editable instructions and other content so programs can design the application to meet their particular needs (we had to design this way to meet the different needs of our 13 programs!)
* Automatic loading and evaluation of pre-requisites (by connecting with the SMS).
* An integrated portal for paying application fees online.
* Automatic emails reminding students to submit their application prior to the deadline.
* An applicant dashboard, where program administrators can process applications, email applicants, verify application fee payment and more.
Director, Workforce Projects
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the BLC