[BFET] [UCE] FW: BFET - Client Signatures

Jennifer Dellinger jdellinger at sbctc.edu
Fri Jul 10 08:31:02 PDT 2020

Good Morning BFET Team!!

I hope you are all well and excited for the weekend! I have some great news to share with you! DSHS BFET Policy is requesting feedback from providers about the use of electronic signatures in effort to consider forgoing the required client signature.

While this is just the first step in moving forward, I would like to acknowledge this is a huge movement in our efforts to provide services that are low barrier and equitable!!! Additionally, the SBCTC is continuing our advocacy efforts at a higher level with state and national partners around this topic and other related topics. Your feedback to DSHS can help us continue to facilitate these conversation, specifically when we get questions on what would a new process (such as a verbal consent) look like.

If you would like to provide input to DSHS please send your email to SWBFETPolicy at dshs.wa.gov<mailto:SWBFETPolicy at dshs.wa.gov> and cc me (jdellinger at sbctc.edu<mailto:jdellinger at sbctc.edu>) by July 15th. Please feel free to reach out if you have any questions.

Thank you for all your continued hard work and dedication through the years!!

"Patience is bitter, but its fruit is sweet." - Aristotle

Stay safe,

[Compass]Jennifer Dellinger
Program Administrator
Email: jdellinger at sbctc.edu<mailto:jdellinger at sbctc.edu> ∙ Office: 360.704.3925

Electronic Privacy Notice:  This e-mail, and any attachments, contains information that is, or may be, covered by electronic communications privacy laws, and is also confidential and proprietary in nature. If you are not the intended recipient, please be advised that you are legally prohibited from retaining, using, copying, distributing, or otherwise disclosing this information in any manner. Instead, please reply to the sender that you have received this communication in error, and then immediately delete it. Thank you in advance for your cooperation.