[BFET] [UCE] Big Shout Out to Student Success and the BFET Program

Jennifer Dellinger jdellinger at sbctc.edu
Fri Jan 17 08:27:05 PST 2020

Good Morning and Happy Friday BFET Team!

Often we get caught up in the trenches of our work. I want to take a hot minute to highlight this news article I came across. Way to go Whatcom! What a great student success story!!

There are MANY more success stories out there, you ALL work so hard to serve the most vulnerable of populations and you do it WELL!!! Thank you for making the BFET program such an amazing program that provides a wide range of important services to ensure your students move forward to self-sustainability. You are the true superheroes!

Click the link to read the complete news article.

State association to honor WCC student Jodi Borrelli as 'Transforming Lives Award' nominee<https://sbctc.us8.list-manage.com/track/click?u=deef59f1d8ee1e991514ca276&id=6d0e416ca9&e=00dbc96a41>
Whatcom Community College student Jodi Borrelli has been nominated for the 2019 Transforming Lives Award sponsored by the Washington State Association of College Trustees (ACT). Jodi came to Whatcom after battling a drug addiction and serving time in jail. Getting connected with WCC's Basic Food and Education Training (BFET) program set her on the right path for her career and the rest of her life. BFET provided Jodi with financial support, helped her develop academic and career plans, and showed her it was ok to ask for help.

Whatcom Talk, Jan. 15, 2020

[Compass]Jennifer Dellinger
Program Administrator
Email: jdellinger at sbctc.edu<mailto:jdellinger at sbctc.edu> ∙ Office: 360.704.3925

Electronic Privacy Notice:  This e-mail, and any attachments, contains information that is, or may be, covered by electronic communications privacy laws, and is also confidential and proprietary in nature. If you are not the intended recipient, please be advised that you are legally prohibited from retaining, using, copying, distributing, or otherwise disclosing this information in any manner. Instead, please reply to the sender that you have received this communication in error, and then immediately delete it. Thank you in advance for your cooperation.